cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S3 multiple copies of text messages

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S3 multiple copies of text messages

My wife and I have GS3,  Her phone occasionally keeps resending copies of text messages to my phone. 
I read the other posts regarding this. 
we are in area code 97124. 
we have updated the profile and PRL on both phones about 2 weeks ago.  ( to try and address low signal levels ) 
The first problems were before the updates,  the latest problems just happened today and are after the updates.

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy S3 multiple copies of text messages

glennmustang,

Thank you for your post! I am sorry to hear about this issue with your wife's phone sending duplicate text messages to your phone, but I am more than happy to assist you in troubleshooting this. Now you have started on the right path with the profile and PRL updates, these will fix this issue 9/10 times. However since this didn't seem to fix the issue we may need to dig a bit deeper.

Now when you get the duplicate text messages are they the most recent ones and it just seems to be a copy of the original one, or does it take some time for duplicate to get to you and may be a much older text message? You mentioned lower signal strength, this could also be an indication of a tower issue that I am happy to look at for you, if you could reply with your zip and cross streets I can check into that. Did the signals recently change or has this been a constant issue? Let me know and we can look to get this resolved, and in the mean time I would recommend trying to reprogram your wife's phone with ##72786#. This will reset the programming on the device but will not erase any personal apps or pictures or anything like that.  Just follow the on screen steps and see if that helps to correct this issue. I look forward to your reply.

Nick

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I am also having this issue for more than a month. Sometimes I am getting 30-40 texts for the same original texts. This is really annoying. I am using Samsung S3.

Did the ##72786# as advised, lets see if that helps.

##72786# doesn't work. Got 15-20 texts last night, and could not sleep well. I have been writing software for 25 yrs, so fix your bugs and stop blaming the tower aka hardware. Also, stop spamming me with 4G LTE is coming emails, it is starting to sound like the Wolf is coming story and the joke is getting way to old.

Master

Jo_Bay

Thank you for the prompt response. Getting multiple duplicate messages is troublesome, I understand. We can definitely help with our account tools. Please private message us including your name, number, pin and description about the duplicate text messages and information you provided above.

*David S
Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I don't know how to send Private Messages on Sprint.com. I read this post, https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/698734#698734, but still don't get the instructions on how to send a private message.

Master

Jo_Bay,

No worries. All you have to do is click our user name (SprintCares) and when the next page opens you will see the private message option on the right.

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat