Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S3 no text / calls (error code 34)

Patron

Galaxy S3 no text / calls (error code 34)

I have had this problem the last two days where I will attempt to send a text and every single one comes back with a failed to send error 34. When I try and call someone it just gets stuck on the dialing screen and never goes through.

I do not have an airave.

I have reset my phone several times, both pulling out the battery and sd card and letting it sit for awhile as well as the regular reset method with the power button.

I have tried updating the PRL and profile several times and that has not changed anything.

I believe this is an issue with the tower closest to my home because today I drove about 20 miles to a store and was able to send texts and make calls as usual.

The crossroads nearest my house are Jennifer Jean Dr. and Burbank Dr., Baton Rouge, LA 70820

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted

Re: Galaxy S3 no text / calls (error code 34)

cwille22,

Thank you for your post. I'm not seeing any outages in the area you listed. I'd like to look further, if this issue is still ongoing, so that we can dig deeper into that area as you've completed troubleshooting tips and the issue is not traveling with you. Please email sprintcares@sprint.com with your account information, security information, and a link to this post so we can assist. Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

same its been about a month for me now but for me i'm from st. paul, mn and i get it everywhere i go even when i'm at home and sometimes i go into roaming for no reason.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, join the club.  The past two weeks, Galaxy III no service.  Cannot call out and text and we do not receive calls or texts.  We have never had a problem before they started doing all this upgrade with the towers.  Representative say the same thing...they do not see any issues and they try to reboot the phone, update everything, reset, etc.  Nothing works.  Now they say to go to the repair center.  But what I do not understand is that when I drive somewhere else, I receive all the texts and phone calls and have no issues.  So to me, that should not be my Galaxy III and our LG.  Two phones that worked one week and not the next.  We live in Titusville, Florida.  Also have a friend in Melbourne, Florida with same issues. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

yeah i'm about to leave sprint if they dont fix this issue...been with sprint for a long time and them having issues that they cant find or fix is a buzz kill..who know how many important calls i miss..this is ridiculous

Highlighted
Journeyman

make sure that you not stuck with a neighbor that has an airave as that will cause a code 34 issue

if you are in airave area you will get 3 beeps before it dials

you can all try *99 which if on sprint network will tell you if you in airave coverage or not

This was my issue  for a while

Highlighted
Wizard

To add to liverpool21, if you find this is the case, Sprint can set it up so your phone will not connect to an Airave.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i was having a similar problem with my brand new galaxy s4. i called sprint customer service and the helpful woman had me type in ##77xxx# (the x's were actually numbers but i dont think you should be doing it without talking with sprint first) she said that it was because my phone was brand new it needed some extra attention to get on the airave properly. now it works just fine. thanks mystery lady from sprint who was very sweet, you made my night!

Highlighted
Journeyman

OMG I SPENT ALL DAY TRYING TO FIGURE OUT CODE 34 AHHHHW $@&@BEEP!!!!

I SWARE I KNOW MORE THAN THE TECHS.

SO HERES THE PROBLEM....... IF YOU HAVE AN AIR RAVE WITH A NEW DEVICE OR SOMETIMES NOT THEY HAVE TO SET UP YOUR NETWORK WITH YOUR EXACT DEVICE OR YUP... YOU CANT SEND TEXT MESSAGES. CALL 1-866-556-7310 THEY WILL HELP YOU PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Omggggg If i see Code 34 one more time ....TWO WORDS AIR RAVE!!! IF YOU HAVE ONE YOU HAVE TO CALL THEM SPRINT WILL DO NOTHING THEY ACTED LIKE UMMMM DUH WHATS CODE 34? AIR RAVE CUSTOMER SERVICE KNEW EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT AND WALKED ME THROUGH AND FIXED IT LIKE PRONTO!!! HERES AIR RAVE CUSTOMER SERVICE # 1-866-556-7310. Trust me

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm with you.  For some reason, the only place I don't have ANY service is in my house.  This is the same house I have had for four years.  I only started having this problem when I got my Galaxy S III.  I am the only one in my house who has a cell phone and we don't have a land line (Who does anymore?)  Whenever I even try to call customer service they won't allow me to speak to anyone because I am calling from the phone I am having issues with.  REALLY?????  I swear I wish I could stop paying my bill until they get this issue resolved!

Highlighted
Journeyman

So how did you fix it?  I just called *99 per your suggestion and it said "YOU ARE NOW WITHIN AIRAVE COVERAGE"  So.....NOW WHAT?  HELP!

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat