Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S3 unable to find mobile network

11 REPLIES
Master

Re: Galaxy S3 unable to find mobile network

dalepa

Thanks for reaching out. I'd love to take a look at the area for you. Can I have cross streets and zip code? Have long have you had this problem? To verify, you have no connection on any of your 3 S3s? Let me know. I am here to help.

Melyssa
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

My 3rd Samsung s3 with this exact problem...  no resolution yet other than get another phone

Journeyman

I am having the same problem. I tried to do what Melissa said but it would go up to 4 bars then it would go back to 2 then 1 then eventually drop off. I called customer service and they told me that I am in an area with no problems. It can't be my house because I had the same phone (Samsung Galaxy S3) and never had this problem with US Cellular. So, I am not sure what to do. No turning back to US Cellular.

Journeyman

I'm very glad that fix worked for you. Just as a note to others out there with the same problem, know that there may be some exceptions (including me unfortunately). I had the same problem, detailed in a post on this board, but my phone failed to update profile or RPL. I hope the fix works for others though!

Wizard

Having worked in a customer service environment before, I'd say 90% of the time, when you are given an answer to something you can't independantly verify, they are getting rid of you.  Or they just don't know they answer and they are getting rid of you.

Journeyman

Thank-you Melissa for sharing the FIX!  If this forum is moderated, I hope that person makes your

post a "Sticky" at the top for assisting other GS3 owners who have the same non-connection issue.

Journeyman

Some of these replies are reporting low connectivity.  I was getting NO connectivity, a line in a circle where you normally see bars, a refusal to connect to the mobile network, frequentn spontaneous restarts, and a hanging "Looking for network" message.

Customer Service kept reporting it was a tower issue.  I called again this morning and they said the same thing.

Happily, this evening after work I went to a different Sprint store where the guy there recalled a recent email stating that this is a common issue happening with Galaxy S3s along with the fix:

1.  Connect phone to WiFi.

2.  Update Profile.

3.  Update PRL.

Rinse and repeat steps 2 and 3 until phone spontaneously reconnects to 3G and mobile networks.

It worked and that guy is a total hero.

Journeyman

If you have access to another sprint phone see if it has service and how strong the signal strenght is.

If both devices have low/poor or no signal then its a system issue.

If the other phone has great service then it could be a hardware issue on your device and when it comes to hardware failures no amount of talking to customer care on the phone will fix it.

It would need to be replaced. Software problem is still possible but if your not very tech savvy its time to take it into a sprint store.

Journeyman

I'm having the same issue with the same phone. Have not been able to connect to the mobile network at all this morning. Tried restarting my phone several times. Very frustrating, since I use it for work. Battery strength plummeted from 91 to 66% while trying all the reboots. What's going on?

Journeyman

Yes I agree, I had thw same problem since this morning around 9am or so. my Galaxy S3 has been on roaming and keeps switching to 3g back and for consistently but mostly stays on roaming. As if I didn't need my phone is slow enough on 3g without the 4g lite not running on Sprint Service. I know for a fact its not the phone cause my girlfriend has the same exact phone and is having the same problem. I hope they fix it soon and hurry up with the 4G Lite Already!