cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S3 where did my keyboard go???

Journeyman

Galaxy S3 where did my keyboard go???

I was playing with my wife's S3 and must have pressed something while I was playing with it because now I cant get the full keyboard back. All I get is the big drawing pad on the bottom and the 123sym, mic, and 123. What do I need to do? It can't be that hard to put it back?

8 REPLIES

Re: Galaxy S3 where did my keyboard go???

sweatytaco wrote:

I was playing with my wife's S3 and must have pressed something while I was playing with it because now I cant get the full keyboard back. All I get is the big drawing pad on the bottom and the 123sym, mic, and 123. What do I need to do? It can't be that hard to put it back?

Have you checked "settings>Laguage and input> then pick the keyboard option"?

Journeyman

It took me a while, but I found out how to go back to the full keyboard.I had to go into settings, as you mentioned, but I had to uncheck the handwriting option. I'm not sure why it went into handwriting mode, without me going to the settings to select, so that was kind of strange. Thanks for the reply.

Journeyman

Your keyboard disappeared? If you have just a few icons showing and the swyp pad, look closely at the microphone icon. It should have a tiny icon on the upper right corner. That means that if you hold it down, a pop-up will show with other options. There you will find the keyboard.

Wizard

sweatytaco,

Thanks for the post. Glad to hear you got your wife's phone back to normal. I would hate to see what would of happened to you if she did not get her keyboard back. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I too was playing with various settings and now I can't get back to the default non-swpe keyboard. At least that's how it was handed to me. I want the simple keyboard ithout the orane sype symbol at the bottom-left. How can I get this back?

Thanks in advance.

Journeyman

Thank you! I saw the little Icon, I lost my keyboard and it went to drawing mode. Thanks alot! I have it back to keyboard!

Wizard

BOBRICCI8026,

Thanks for the post. Have you tried the options post in this thread? Either long press the screen in the text message field or go through settings. What device do you have?

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Wizard

Suncoasttechs,

Thanks for the post. Good to know this is fixed. Let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.