Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy will not send text messages

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy will not send text messages

This has been going on for about a week. It shows it's sending (little circle spins) the text but that is all. I have turned it off and removed the battery, it works a couple times then stalls again. I get phone calls and text messages from other people but at times cannot send. This very frustrating and am regreting moving from ATT.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Galaxy will not send text messages

STLGATES,

Thank you for your response.  I did take a look at your area and there are a few upgrades happening.   The tower off Olive is going through capacity upgrades at the moment. This could be what is causing the issues you have been having. This should be completed very soon. Please hang in there once these upgrades are completed the service will be much better.

Thank you,

Anthony

Social Care Team

View solution in original post

49 REPLIES 49
Highlighted

STLGATES,

Thank you for your post.  That is not good and all. We don't want you to have an regrets to coming to be a part of the Sprint Family.  Have you tried updating your data profile on your Galaxy?  Also let me check your area to see if there might be an outage.  Please provide me with your zip code and nearest cross streets.  This will allow for me to check your are and see the towers that serve your area.  I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Anthony

Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

yes I've updated everything, 63101 washington and 10th.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same problem on my SIII for the past two days. NY, NY area 11101. Most of my texts are failing, especially to iPhones.

Highlighted

STLGATES,

Thank you for your response.  I did take a look at your area and there are a few upgrades happening.   The tower off Olive is going through capacity upgrades at the moment. This could be what is causing the issues you have been having. This should be completed very soon. Please hang in there once these upgrades are completed the service will be much better.

Thank you,

Anthony

Social Care Team

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Cristina298,

Thank you for your post.  I did look in to the zip code youprovided and show that there are a couple of towers that are down with a intermittent service outage.  One tower is off of Northern Blvd and the other is off 40 Ave Queensboro Bridge.  We have technicians dispatched to both of these towers and are expecting service to be restored to normal very shortly. We appreciate your patience in this matter.  In the meantime please do a data profile update and power cycle your phone.

Thank you,

Anthony

Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. The update did help. I hope the towers are on line again soon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ive been having the same problem for last 2 weeks. But i cant seem to text at all within the dayton ohio area. I can get passed xenia ohio and it works fine. My sister's phone is not sending texts here at home only. Zip is 45404 and nearest cross streets are keowee and webster. I have the s6 and she has the 6s. But her's is only been doing it for about a week. I keep getting error network not responding. Ive updated my profile and PRL, as well as did a soft reset and refreshed my phone with the network. Nothing helps really. Its only a temporary fix.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

you will need to post in the customer service area so an agent can assist. this current thread youre posting in is from a couple years ago now..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a galaxy s6 edge plus and all of a sudden its not letting me send texts. I can call and use Internet but when I try and send a text it says message failed please try again 425. My fiance is on the same plan and its doing the same thing to him.

Highlighted
Journeyman

S6 edge plus doing the same exact thing. NW ohio. Smh

Highlighted
Journeyman

My Note 5 stopped sending texts this morning.  Kansas City, MO area.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat