Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy will not send text messages

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy will not send text messages

I am having the same issues all of a sudden.  I have a Galaxy S6 and have not had problems with text until now.  It continues to fail message.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Im have the same issue with my 6 edge in MI

Highlighted
GrandMaster

start with checking the play store to make sure there isnt another update in there for your stock messaging app..if nothing is in there force stop the messaging app then try sending yourself a text..if that doesnt work go back into the play store and download another texting app...main 3 i can think of would be handcent, gosms or textra...try one of those and see if you can all of a sudden send texts and receive them..its not uncommon for a stock app to stop working after an update..if the secondary app works but you would rather stick to the stock app you can try the force stop again..then clear the cache and data on the stock app..just keep in mind this will more  than likely delete all your texts from your phone.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

So i am not the only 1 in kansas city who woke up to their note 5 not sending txts?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nope, I'm in PA and this just started happening this morning.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same in Mid Michigan. Glad to see it is just not me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Me too Ohio

Highlighted
Journeyman

My phone is doing the same thing. What is going on. So frustrated!

Highlighted
Journeyman

And im in california.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well Im happy to see I'm not the only one having txt issues with the Note 5 NE Ohio

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same problem in western Chicagoland

Highlighted
Journeyman

My zip code is 49423 or 49424

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat