Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy will not send text messages

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy will not send text messages

Just started this morning error 425. I have S6 Edge. In St. Louis area. So frustrating!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just updated my PRL and tried updating my Profile but i keep getting code 6204 and/or 6408. Still text arent going out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

In North Carolina Note5 doing the same

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yo woke up in Illinois and couldn't even send my mom a good morning text. But I got that heat for the street for those waiting for Sprint.

Listen to Puzzles Mix 6 by DJ SeeJ #SoundCloud

[third-party link removed]

Have a bless day text y'all when I can.

Message was edited by: TheModerator

"This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines: 

https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/blog/2016/02/01/sprintcom-community-terms-con...

Thanks for your participation in the forums!"

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm in Maryland with a Galaxy S6 with the same problem.

Also, when receiving calls - can't surf the web. The LTE icon disappears.

IS ANYONE LISTENING?

Highlighted
Journeyman

In WI right niw, having same issues with my s6, called sprint and they are aware of the issues in delay or texts not sending. Really aggravating

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just spoke with Sprint tech support and they said they are having server issues since last night.  Most Sprint users will not be able to send or receive text.  They are working on the problem but have no time frame as to when it will be resolved and working again.  They think the server that handles text messaging is down.  I was told to power source my phone once an hour so that when they get it resolved I will get the fix they send out over the network.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am in Wisconsin and was having this issue with my Galaxy S6. I tried restarting my phone at least 5 times and still was having this issue. So I went into my application manager and in my message app and hit "Force Stop" after I did this I sent a test text to my Husband who immediately received my text. Hopefully this helps with the Message Failed to Send 425 error that you are all getting as well.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here, Chicago. I can get calls and texts but can't send. Get 425 error. Just started this morning.

Highlighted
Journeyman

THANK YOU!! This worked. You rock!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Oh and someone I was texting told me they got all 9 if the texts I sent over and over. :- (

Highlighted
GrandMaster

there is a known issues happening with texts nationwide. its already being worked on by the Sprint techs.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat