cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Wallet

Highlighted
Journeyman

Google Wallet

Is anyone having issues getting Google Wallet to work?  I get an error message stating that my device / carrier is not certified, whether I use the pre-loaded version or the updated version from the Play Store.   I figured I would ask here prior to calling Technical Support.  NFC is enabled on my device.

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Google Wallet

alot of us are having the same problem with the HTC EVO 4G LTE i was able to set up the acct then couple days later got the same error message. think it has something to do with sprint network if gs3 is having problem also. i have seen threads that a fix is in the works for the EVO

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah I used it a couple of times when I first got the phone last Thursday.

Just looked at the app today and it gave me the same error.

They better fix this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This seems to be a reaction by Google to Sprint's announcement that they'll install a competing product on the devices soon. Not as in "we're taking our box and leave" but as in "if there's multiple wallets we have to reinforce ours". I'm trying to see if a build.prop change and complete deinstall and reinstall from the market helps...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same problem with my GS3... I was just planning on using it for gas to see how cool this is would work and now it just stopped working... I hope they get this fix soon. I don't care if its google wallet or sprint app but fix this!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Google and Sprint will no longer collaborate with each other for payment system such as Google Wallet because Sprint is planning to have its own payment system called "Touch."  This is what you call a -WALLET WARS- between Google (Google Wallet), Sprint (Touch) and Isis (Isis Wallet- Verizon, Tmob, AT&T) and all companies are taking it seriously.

So, if you can open your Google wallet before and now you get that notification, "Unfortunately, Google wallet has not yet certified in your country or on your device/carrier."  its not your phone's error or fault nor does google wallet.  The sprint is now trying to implement its own payment app.  You can still try Google Wallet by rooting your phone, but beware of the concequences of voiding your phones warranty and other malicious apps that can attack your phone.  Just make sure you know what you are doing.

I hope this helps.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Google Wallet is working for me again guys!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, today's patch fixed it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Still not working for me after software update.  Now it always says that the version i have is no longer supported, even if I install the update, reboot, etc..  Always get that message and can't get passed it.

Highlighted
Wizard

Same here. Google Wallet update loop. Come on Sprint and Sammy get this fixed asap.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got off the phone with google support and they said they are working on it.  Will email when they have update. 

Highlighted
Wizard

I saw another report of after updating to the new software Google Wallet still did not work but after performing a hard reset and updating it worked. For those of you still experiencing an issue with it, could you try resetting google wallet then performing a hard reset and testing it out and let me know the results please?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat