cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI output

Highlighted
Journeyman

HDMI output

Does the galaxy S III have the HDMI output ability that the EVO 4G LTE has?

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5

Re: HDMI output

sefnf,

Thanks for posting, to clarify are you asking if there's a dedicated port on the device for HDMI output?

TheFifthLetter

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

You need an 11-pin MHL adapter to get HDMI out.  Alternatively you can  combine a 5-pin to 11-pin adapter and a regular 5-pin MHL adapter for HDMI out.

Journeyman

Thanks for your response.

I dont expect there to be a dedicated port because even the EVO LTE doesnt have it, however, the EVO LTE has this:

(the EVO LTE has a specialized micro USB port with MHL technology (Mobile High Definition Link).

MHL allows high definition video output through the Micro USB port. A growing number of new TV’s are shipping with an MHL input on them. If you don’t have a compatible TV, there are special cables/ adapters made that convert Micro USB MHL to HDMI, allowing you to connect your phone to your HDTV.)

So my question is , does the galaxy S 3 have MHL technology?

I got the information from http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g-lte/529291-official-htc-evo-4g-lte-faq-guide.html

Journeyman

(facepalm)  Let's try it again, bigger this time:

You need to buy an 11-pin MHL adapter to get HDMI out.

Wizard

Here is an example of what you would need to buy.  I hope that helps, and from reading the reviews Samsung may have made it propiertary.  Or at least made it difficult to make a generic version of their adapter.

http://www.amazon.com/Adapter-HDMI-3FHU-Samsung-Galaxy/dp/B0080CXSOU

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat