cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Force OTA Update of Jelly Bean 4.1.1 on Samsung Galaxy S III without doing all the programming nonsense

Journeyman

Re: How to Force OTA Update of Jelly Bean 4.1.1 on Samsung Galaxy S III without doing all the programming nonsense

YEAH!!!!!!! It worked, only took two tries.  Thanks for the info.  My sister and I have the same phone and hers updated, yet mine had not.  Excited!

Journeyman

Re: How to Force OTA Update of Jelly Bean 4.1.1 on Samsung Galaxy S III without doing all the programming nonsense

It still doesn't work for me, I keep getting the error.

Journeyman

If your still receiving the error message you best bet is to take your phone into your sprint store. The phone might be missing a file needed to complete the update, they can update your phone for you there and they cant tell you to wait for the notification or some garbage now that you've attempted the download without any success lol.

Highlighted
Journeyman

After trying dozens of different shenanigins, the steps outlined by nhwingate totally worked.  Thanks!

Journeyman

Worked 1st time!! Thank you!!!

Journeyman

Tried it, at first it didnt update. Went through the process again, turned my phone off, turned it back on and i see "Android system update... Downloading .348.7MB".

.. Yes it worked. Thanks a bunch!

Journeyman

Working for me in Dallas. Worked on the third try. Downloading as we speak. So excited!!!!!

Journeyman

Only had to do it twice and it's downloading now. Thank you for the post!

Journeyman

Worked for me on the first try. I want to include that you "CANNOT BE ROOTED" for this to work.

Patron

Since both Sprint & Samsung CS reps were giving me the run around regarding when I'd get my OTA update, I did the process suggested in this thread.  YAY - It worked on the first try and it's WONDERFUL so far!  The only thing that wasn't working correctly is my Accuweather widget.  I just cleared the cookies and forced closed the app (settings > apps > all tab > weather wiget main > clear cookies > force close) and everything is fine now!

Now if they can only solve my 4G LTE issue in my neighborhood.  They claim I'm smack dab in a good area for LTE; however, my GS3 thinks otherwise....

Journeyman

It worked, thanks

Journeyman

It worked for me after only two tries 11pm west coast time thanks for the info

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat