cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Force OTA Update of Jelly Bean 4.1.1 on Samsung Galaxy S III without doing all the programming nonsense

Journeyman

Re: How to Force OTA Update of Jelly Bean 4.1.1 on Samsung Galaxy S III without doing all the programming nonsense

mine worked 1st try. And I just got mine one Black Friday.Thanks for the info

Journeyman

Re: How to Force OTA Update of Jelly Bean 4.1.1 on Samsung Galaxy S III without doing all the programming nonsense

I tried all the above steps more than 10times but didnt work for me still !!! Still having 4.1.1 .... Please Help !!!!

Highlighted
Patron

Congrats Sharry87....  You've had Jelly Bean all along...  4.1.1 IS Jelly Bean - or did you mean to reference another number?

Journeyman

Oh I heard there was another update to it with the version 4.1.2 !!! Well if 4.1.1 is the latest, then I'm goood !!!

Patron

Ok as long as you didn't think you still had Ice Cream Sandwich... 

I think the 4.1.2 update is only available internationally.  I could be wrong but I think Samsung has to send Sprint the update first, then we have to wait for the OTA.  While we're approved to wait on the OTA, THEN we can probably force it... 

Journeyman

if memory serves.....4.1.2 is for nexus devices...

adds a few more things...I dont remember what...but you can look up android OS and wiki should have some info on it

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat