Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to force OTA KITKAT update for ur Galaxy S3

Highlighted
Journeyman

How to force OTA KITKAT update for ur Galaxy S3

I have used this method twice now & its worked both times, for all  of you waiting to download the OTA kitkat update RINSE & REPEAT these steps

1. Navigate to Settings -> Apps.
  2. Select the option to see All applications.
  3. 1 Tap on Google Services Framework
  4. 2 Click clear Data -> OK.
  5. 3 Click Force Stop -> OK.
  6. 4 Click settings again system update/ Update samsung Software
  7. This is the post that i originally found it on  http://www.ijailbreak.com/how-to/force-ota-system-update-android-phone/
  8. Jelly Bean worked on the 2nd try
  9. KITKAT took me around at least 15 tries be Patient

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: How to force OTA KITKAT update for ur Galaxy S3

I'm not encouraging or discouraging doing this, but this method has downsides.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/11/20/google-engineer-dan-morrill-sheds-some-light-on-the-nexus-ota-process-urges-you-to-never-clear-google-service-framework-data/

Furthermore, services like Hangouts and Gmail get messed up and don't sync automatically since the server doesn't recognize your device, that either you gotta wait till it's recognized again, or clearing data from both of them to reconnect them properly to the server.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Omg!!!! thanks sooo much youre awesome lol i been waitin for this update and with the steps you provided it realy worked first try!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yey it worked first try

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat