cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Sprint 3G really this bad still? Is there still a 14 day no questions policy?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is Sprint 3G really this bad still? Is there still a 14 day no questions policy?

I was an attempted customer last year and data was unusable - I was told the upgraded the network so I went for the Galaxy S3 and its just unusable in the Buffalo area - as bad as last year - Typical speedtest is 100/80 and I cant even start 95% of the Tunein stations, they simply timeout....

I may have to take the S3's back and go to, (it pains me to say it) - Verizon.... So Does Sprint still have the return for new customers???

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Is Sprint 3G really this bad still? Is there still a 14 day no questions policy?

Simply put: yup it is. And Yes there is.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Is Sprint 3G really this bad still? Is there still a 14 day no questions policy?

isn'tthere a $35 restocking fee though?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yep. If you're crafty enough you can usually talk your way out of it. If not, then $35 is a small price to pay my friend.

Highlighted
Journeyman

what made you think the SG3 would make 3G better LOL!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

they are still in the process of upgrading towers LOL

Highlighted
Journeyman

im in the same shoes....absurd.....they sold me on 4g lte when i bought it...lmao i should have read up more on the network....returning this crap tommorow.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I didnt think that the 3G was going to be better on the SG3 - I havent tried Sprint in over a year - but they said the upgraded towers    I guess they didnt ... Ill pay the $35 per phone - I have 3, which doesn suck - but what can I do...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sell 'em on Ebay. Or mail me one and I'll mail you mine as the audio on mine is all messed up.    

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yep, and Sprint have been giving people who bought the Evo LTE the run around.  Same stories about new towers, upgraded signals, fairies, and unicorns.  Take it back while you still can.  Maybe when sprint gets on the ball you can come back to them.  Us who are stuck are impatiently waiting while we still get charged for our "premium data".

Highlighted
Journeyman

After spoken to about 8 representatives including a manager (very rude), I've filed a complaint with the FCC. Sad it came to this, currently 3g is at 0.22mbps in Western Mass. (Evo 3D)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, Sprint's 3g is still extremely horrible. It's slower than dial up. I was extremely annoyed to learn, after buying the phone, that it would not be able to use 4g while we wait for lte to launch. I think Sprint ought to be refunding the data fee to everybody who purchased an lte phone every month until they have lte in their area.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat