cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jelly Bean update 'Installation aborted', 'Assert failed', 'Status 7' errors

Highlighted
Journeyman

Jelly Bean update 'Installation aborted', 'Assert failed', 'Status 7' errors

I am getting "Installation aborted" every time I try to update to jelly bean on my Sprint Samsung S3. Have tried this a dozen times with the same results even though I clear the cache every failure and start over. I made sure I am running 4.0.4 with baseband L13. I am downloading over wifi. I even manually downloaded the correct sprint 4.1.1 image from google to my computer, copied to sd card and specified from external storage with the same result, so I know it is not a corrupt image.

It runs through the series shown below and fails on "Verifying current system" every time. There is nothing non-stock about my system. I have searched everywhere, tried everything, and cannot get 4.1 installed. Any ideas?

Install boot screen gives the following:

Installing update...

Verifying current system..

assert failed: apply_patch_check ("EMC:/dev/block/blah blah")

E:Error in /cache/blah.update_SPH-L710_LI3_TO_L37.zip

(Staus 7)

Installation aborted

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Jelly Bean update 'Installation aborted', 'Assert failed', 'Status 7' errors

I see that you have gone to great lengths to get that to download. Could you please turn the phone off and remove the battery for a minute and then turn the phone back one. When it boots back up go to settings and do a PRL update and a Profile update. Then try to download the update again. Let me know how that works out for you.

Thanks,

Ivan

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Jelly Bean update 'Installation aborted', 'Assert failed', 'Status 7' errors

Nope, nice try though Ivan. I actually thought there might be something to pulling the battery to completely reset first. Also had not done the PRL/Profile before, but alas for naught. Got exactly the same errors. It seems to be something in the /dev/block/ area files in the current ICS that the verification process doesn't like. Is there some way to bypass the verification before installing?

Thanks for the help,

Curt

Highlighted

Unfortunately there is no way of bypassing that verification process. It sounds to me as if you have gone to great lengths in order to make this work, and yet it still doesn't. At this point I advise that you take the phone to a Sprint Service and Repair store and let them evaluate the problem. Let them know all the steps that you have taken thus far in order to complete the update. If you need to find a Service and Repair store near you reference Sprint.com/StoreLocator.

Thanks,

Ivan

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat