cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard will not show up

Highlighted
Journeyman

Keyboard will not show up

I went to reply to a text message and the keyboard will not show up. I have restarted, shut down and removed the battery from my phone and I still can't get the keyboard to show up.

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Re: Keyboard will not show up

I recommend trying to find your keyboard app through Settings --> Applications.

Once you locate it trying clearing it's cache.  If that doesn't work trying clearing the data.

It is hard to be specific here because I'm not certain which keyboard your phone is set to.

Journeyman

I went to Settings and my phone is set to Samsung keyboard when I try to go into the setting for the keyboard the screen goes black for a few minutes and then a message pops up that the 'Samsung keyboard isn't responding'

Journeyman

I had to do a hard reset to get my keyboard to reappear. 

Master

SCamp2013,

Thank you very much for reaching out to use regarding your keyboard concerns. I experienced the same troubles as you have with the update as well. I had to perform a hard reset on the device in order for it to be correct. If you choose do go this route please make sure that have backed up your information first.

Alex
Sprint Social Care
Master

SCamp2013- Let us know if you need any further assistance. - Joanne
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat