cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kitkat Update and Wifi Issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Kitkat Update and Wifi Issues

I have done a bit of reading and since the kitkat update about the only issue I seem to be having is that my Wifi will drop and stop working. I am unable to turn the wifi back on through either the quick menu or the settings. Interestingly enough when I go the settings screen, it will be selected as off and it won't let me turn it back on. The only fix I have found for this is to reboot the phone. Is the a bug with the update? If it is when are we getting a patch? I have updated PRL and Profile several times just to make sure. Any suggestions on what else I can do? And please do not even suggest taking it to the store, because honestly if I wanted to deal with that level irritation, I would call my x-wife and listen to her for 45 min.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Master

Re: Kitkat Update and Wifi Issues

DRVENKMAN73 -- Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We're not aware of any known issues with the Kit-Kat update and Wifi incompatibility. I know this is not the most convenient solution, but we recommend taking your device to a nearby Sprint Repair center for diagnostics. *Julian
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same issue ever since the 4.4.2 upgrade (no issues prior) I got tired of rebooting the phone and noticed that it will come back then go away randomly. Wish someone at Sprint would realize there are big issues with 4.4.2

Highlighted
Master

RBREDM1,

Sprint doesn't release the OS updates to the devices nor do we send up the the fixes for them. We provide the service to the phone as we are the phone company the manufacture and OS programmer will have to send out a fix for the device bugs. I know it is frustrating as a lot of us are waiting for the same fixes as well. It's not just Sprint but with every carrier this is going on with so until the fix is released there isn't much that can be done I apologize.

Thanks,

Sequoyah
Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I would also like to acknowledge that I am having the same problem with WiFi on Galaxy S3 since the update.  Is it possible for phone to be restored to previous Android version if this can not be resolved?

Highlighted
Master

BBruins4Fan,

It's an issue with the OS system after the update. There will be a fix for it from the programmer Google and Manufacture. It will be released in batches similar to KitKat launch. We don't have any control over it and I know its frustrating as a of us are suffering through the same.

Thank,

Sequoyah
Social Care
Highlighted

BBruins4Fan,

Hello there! Just checking in to make sure you are not experiencing any issues. If you have any questions or concerns that need to be addressed, please voice them. We are here to help.

Dyan

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted

RBREDM1,

Hi! Just wanted to make sure that all is well. Please let us know if you need any assistance.

Dyan

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat