ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE Cincinnati

Journeyman

Re: LTE Cincinnati

Adam....its okay.  These people defending a multi billion dollar company that are paid trolls to keep upset customers happy and not bring up obvious things like this.  Bottom line is it comes down to money.   If sprint wanted to get this done it would be...they simply don't want to spend money.  Money includes dollars, time, and energy.

I'm done next April.  Sprint has become a laughing stock in Cincinnati over this.

Journeyman

I agree, Sprint used to be ahead of the game in Cincinnati, now they are way behind.

Wizard

OMG..You're suggesting that I'm a paid entity somehow by Sprint? That's the funniest crock that I've ever heard...I'm a stay-home parent who's wife works for the power company. I have time to actually TEACH myself these things..I'm not paid by ANYONE except the people that I repair computers for now and then...but you thinking that...well that's a compliment, and I appreciate you're ignorance in the matter.

Sprint hasn't been deploying LTE for the 2 years that you're claiming AT&T + VZW has been in Cincy ------------>(Google. Started July 2012)

Cincy Bell is in CLOSE operation with AT&T, and even had AT&T owning 32% of the entire company in the past. So AT&T having a say in fiber backhaul operations, along with VZW also ...and licensing and spectrum holdings in these areas being political-driven...hmmm ------------(Google, again)

Instead of looking down on those, like myself, who are pleased with Sprint (even though in 2009, I had NO sprint service in my house, nearly disconnected until they convinced me to take an  Airave -- free of charge -- and just try it to see if I could improve service...Barely able to load a webpage NOW, in MANY areas where I live. NO 4G LTE is available ANYWHERE in the state of Alabama except for on the Georgia line at I-20 -- sensorly.com)...just do what you gotta do.

Just because I've joined a site that has information on the Sprint 4G LTE roll-out and I can look and see where towers are, and what upgrades are being done in Alabama...that doesn't mean that I'm in ANY WAY paid by Sprint. Instead of complaining, I chose to be proactive and teach myself something about what's going on with my wireless service, and how things work in regards to them upgrading towers and performing a COMPLETE network overhaul -- all the while leaving the network IN TACT AND ON, and upgrading at the same time.

Can you replace a breaker box in your house without turning off the electricity? Can you replace a part on your car without turning the car off? Yet Sprint is upgrading its network without taking anything down, except for the Nextel decommissioning, which comes June 30, 2013. .

For the 2nd time in Sprint's history, they are building a brand new network, from the ground up. Not once, but twice they've built their own network, wholly owned by THEM...not bought a bunch of different companies to gain ground and left it to other  companies to build the network, then running in with a hostile takeover ( a la AT&T style..VZW style).

Sprint built their 3G network from the GROUND, UP....and is now doing the same thing with 4G LTE network...I think it's remarkable, but then again, I've taken time to read and learn. And I also know where Sprint will be when Network Vision is complete, and when Softbank merger is done...and what they'll have to offer.
I've seen LTE speeds before in Slidell...and I know what it's capable of....and I know people who have the other carriers and their LTE...and Sprint will dominate. I've already seen it with my own eyes, and still have the speedtests to prove it. Sprint will come out on top, but I'll be glad when the complainers go elsewhere and get stuck in their contracts ...so when NV is complete..they can't come running back, all jealous of the new LTE service that is still on-track to be completed by Q1 2014.

And entire nationwide network...built and completed in less than 2 years....while still obtaining subsidy devices and keeping their service on for those who depend on it. Do some research for yourself instead of putting others down who HAVE done some research...Claiming I'm paid because I've taken time to learn something...how very....very mature of you.

And Sprint is much nicer in their responses than I am...I don't care if someone doesn't like what I say. It's fact, and there's proof to back it up. Sprint doesn't come in with replies that try to take up for Sprint, they reply and try to please customers. Personally, I think Sprint is better off with people who don't complain like kids about every little thing when it comes to a cell network. Really, there ARE some things in life that are important...

Journeyman

I don't believe Spotify's coverage maps are accurate.  I camp in Higginsport Ohio, and I had Verizon 4g service using a hotspot device, but Spotify says there is no 4G near there.

Wizard

For  Spotify / Sensorly to have accuracy in it's maps, someone has to map it using a device....meaning, running the app on a phone while traveling so that it picks up "points". Then, when near wifi on on a good data connection, it uploads the journey taken to the servers, and within a day or two, shows on the map as coverage.

I mapped a bit of Slidell with Sensorly when I was in LTE coverage, and within 2 days it showed the area where we stayed as having LTE. It's based on people who use the app helping to show coverage instead of an engineer saying "this tower {SHOULD} broadcast in this area"...much more dependable since you have to travel the area to have it report that it's within coverage.

Wizard

adamfertig123

Thanks for the post. It look like the area might not have been recorded yet. Im not sure how the app would interpet which 4G service is available if your on verizon vs. Sprint.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

GrandMaster

adamfertig123 wrote:

It still doesn't make sense to me why Verizon and AT&T have had 4GLTE up and running in Cincinnati since 2011, and Sprint has not yet even announced a rollout in Cincinnati.  Same market.  I don't really understand the backhaul you speak of, but it sounds like your saying Sprint would have to work with whomever runs internet service to the towers.....in this case I'm thinking its Cincinnati Bell, who is the local telephone company.  Verizon and AT&T have succesfully done this, why not Sprint? Its been 2 years.

For the same reason that was posted above your post..sprint jumped onto the wimax boat instead of LTE..was it a bad call? well it wasnt when it first started out..until clearwire (the one that was actually deploying it) almost went belly up..which just answered why the old wimax didnt make it further than it actually did....sprint is late to the boat but they are filling it up pretty quickly.

@jon

one of those contractors is actually doing things a bit reverse..they are doing the 3G and voice side of things first...THEN kicking over to the LTE side..for the life of me i cant remember which of the 3 it was though..i THINK it was samsung..but dont quote me on it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

Most all of Alabama is being blanketed with NV 3G first. That's because the majority of the towers here require GMO radios to be installed (Ground Mount RRU's or Ground Mount Option)...

That's prob why they did 3G first, same as here. In fact, most of the Alabama sites have been 3G accepted already and are just waiting on 4G, most of that is backhaul requirements waiting to be met...(fiber, microwave, etc).

I'm not sure if they will be deploying any of the new microwave technology here, but that's an option Sprint has where there is never / not near future access to backhaul to run the towers...they can opt for microwave to get backhaul to it.

S4GRU.com has all this info...the RRU pics so you can see what they look like and identify them...maps of every tower in the Sprint footprint...and progress maps that show where they are in certain areas...and if work has started. Also, a counter that tells how many of the nearly 39,000 Sprint towers have been upgraded already with Network Vision.

GrandMaster

yah i know..im over there often lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

In the past few weeks I've received 3 emails and at least 1 SprintZone notification on my phone that seriously implied that LTE was coming to Cincinnati this summer.  Seeing how vile the 3G reception is around these parts (at least when I had WiMax that made things a bit better), can anyone add any color or corroboration to this communication from Sprint?

GrandMaster

was it an email saying work was being done or about to be done? if so this has been hit and miss with areas since they started the roll outs..some areas get a pre notification that work was going to be happening soon while other areas didnt get ANY notification..do you remember exactly what it said?

Wizard

No, but you can sure join s4gru.com and look at maps and read about the 4g LTE rollout in your area...if you are so inclined.  The information is out there...

Usually when they announce a market in that manner, it's only about 3-4 months before the 1st towers start getting flipped to LTE. Announced in my area on April 18, first LTE towers being turned on this week (2 Montgomery, 1 Auburn, 2 Mobile.)

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat