cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE: ESM-X EMM-8

Highlighted
Journeyman

LTE: ESM-X EMM-8

Come on Sprint I would REALLY like to use my Galaxy S3 at its full potential but it doesn't seem as if you or Samsung are willing to help me!!  I have had signal problems for FOUR MONTHS NOW!!  Samsung replaced the phone after it went searching for a signal for a week, now I am STILL trying to get assistance with trying to get the 4g data working on my device.  I know for fact that here in Nashville it has 4g data because my galaxy nexus, which is TWO YEARS OLD will connect to the 4G data but a device that was just manufactured last year does not, there is something screwy with the network or something!  ANY WAY you can help me get this resolved SOON!  Zipcode is 37208 and crossroads are 6th Ave N and Buchanan.  I have attached the picture that ALWAYS comes up. If you can't see it it says Unable to Establish A Wireless Data Connection  LTE: ESM-X  EMM-8........Please help me get these issues resolved.

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: LTE: ESM-X EMM-8

The issue you are seeing might be related to this thread:

LTE Problem - No 4G on Galaxy S3

Provided all things are true in that thread, the resolution seems to be very disheartening.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same problem and all i get is the runaround.  i would love to know what this is.  i would just like to cancel my service and go elsewhere!!!Screenshot_2014-02-19-07-59-45.png
mark

Highlighted
Master

LeoRob,

Can you please dial ##72784#

This clears out the programming on the phone and reprovisions the phone on our network.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

George, issue did not fix.  Code did not work.

Highlighted
Master

dubba06,

Thanks for the post. Im sorry to hear you're having this issue. Can you try to do a Data profile update on your device? If you dont know how I can help. Just let me know what device you have and Ill provide the steps.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Victor I update it daily.  according to one of the post ive read I need the ICCID updated.

Highlighted
Master

LeoRob

I'll be happy to check the device UICC ID we have on file. Please PM us your name, number, security info, UICC ID and the link to this thread. Once I have that info I can send a refresh to the device from the back end and see if that help. I'm here for you.

Thank you

*Randi

Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

LeoRob,

This does sound like a sim issue. You can check your sim card info on sprint.com under manage this device, then click activate a new phone. It will show your sim number which you can verify with the sim in your phone. If the numbers do not match, you can update it by going back to Manage This Device and click Activate a New Sim. This should fix it. Keep us updated!

Melyssa
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Victor:

I do a update profile under system update all of the time.  is this what you are talking about?  if so this is not the problem.  it keeps coming back everyday.  any other suggestions?

Highlighted
Journeyman

i have a samsung galaxy s4 phone.

Highlighted
Master

dubba06,

I do apologize for the trouble.  Please send me a Private Message by clicking on my profile name and include your full name, account number or primary phone number, and your security pin or answer to your security question so that I may ensure your device information matches in our system, as this is a known issue with this handset.

Thank you again for your time,

Stephanie C.

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat