Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE: ESM-X EMM-8

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: LTE: ESM-X EMM-8

Stepanie:

I just sent a private message to you hopefully.  please let me know that you receive it and if you don'e either......thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I too am having the same issue on my Galaxy S3.  If I put the phone in CDMA only mode, I get 3G.  If I put it in lte/cdma, not only do I not get 4G, but I get no data connection whatsoever and the symbol doesn't show up (then i get this lte: emm error  that you're getting but with a 7 at the end). It happened after I did the update to 4.3.  I've spoken to 2 tier 1 techs and 1 advanced tech so far and have been unable to get it resolved.  The advanced tech had me do a backup and reset and it actually started working momentarily.  I thought the issue was resolved until I checked my phone like 5-10 minutes later and it was back to the same thing with the same error message.  I've been trying to get this fixed for about a week now.  I will let you know if I ever get it fixed.

Oh, and as far as the troubleshooting done with the 3 reps:  updated prl, updated profile, reactivate device through settings menu, reactivated device through sprint zone, ##SCRTN# from PST screen.  ##SCRTN from dialpad, force LTE from PST screen, and probably some other stuff that I can't remember right now.

Highlighted
Master

35bobmarleyblvd,

Thank you for the post. I'm sorry to hear that you're getting errors when you try to utilize the 4G/LTE on your phone. Are you switching the device to 4G when in the vicinity of an airave (signal booster)? Are you having issues keeping a data connection when using Wi-fi? These are some of the more obscure issues that you may encounter but since you've tried to troubleshoot the device with so many others I think it's best if we explore all possible issues and see if we can isolate the issue for you.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am currently having this error code too. I have done numerous updates and dialed ##72824# or whatever it is to hands free activation. This begun nearly a month ago and honestly I ready to can my sprint account and go else where if this can't be fixed asap.

Highlighted
Master

albert.samlermineaux - Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing this issue for so long. This issue does seem like a software related issue being that it's happening to most customers. Have you tried resetting your device? I'm here to help. - BrittneySprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

You need to get sprint to send you the correct apn info for your phone to be able to get 4g and 3g the people at sprint are to stupid to realize that the problem is not with the ##78726# its with the apn they have on the update its not correct im having the same problem you have to ask the right people how to fix it sprint customer care dosnt know anything

Highlighted
Journeyman

What is the correct apn settings info for lte so i can change it and fix it on my phone

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat