cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE is a GREAT LIE THAT WE ALL PAY FOR WITH SPRINT!!!!!!

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

LTE is a GREAT LIE THAT WE ALL PAY FOR WITH SPRINT!!!!!!

LTE is a Joke!!! It simply doesnt exist and never will. All we hear is .... LTE launching soon! but I've heard of absolutely NOBODY that actually have it. The only LTE I have is on my virtual kepboard! Call sprint and ask. No one will know when it is "coming" ask then when is you bill due and they certainly know the anwser to that. no laws to protect us from this crap!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

14KNIGHT wrote:

Change up you are quite correct about no LTE service in Philidelphia at this time. I can see no lte towers there  but it is now on the which means the upgrades will be starting soon  and as those towers are completed the with turn on with LTE.  Will this be tomorrow  no  Will it be with in the next few months I would certainly think so 

Woah!!  I re-upped my 2 year contract in June because two separate Sprint reps - one sales & one technical - supposedly looked up an LTE date for Philly and I was told by both reps 7/22/12.  When that came and went with no LTE I was told by October and that upgrades are under way.  Then I was told Thanksgiving (by the Sprint store at 11th & Chestnut).  Now you're saying that LTE upgrades AREN'T EVEN UNDER WAY IN PHILADELPHIA?!?!?!  I've been complaining about crappy performance of my S3 since the day I got it and have been repeatedly told that this was because towers were being upgraded and the network was being upgraded.  I've been suffering through 3G speeds of around 100kbps down x 77kbps up since June - that is when I can even get the Speed Test app to complete a test and not time out and now you're saying that it's going to be several more months of this???  What a bunch of lying pieces of **** your Sprint reps are.  Sucker me in for another two years by blatently lying about service.  Luckily I have the chats saved at home and will be glad to post them here as proof that I was told 7/22 and then October.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted
Master

There is LTE in several places already and some more were announced today.  Many people have posted screen shots of the LTE speeds they are receiving.  When will you get LTE  Since I do not know where you are I would not  even guess.  LTE service is part of our network vision project  This project is scheduled to run through 2013.  We currently have LTE service in Atlanta, Dallas, San Antonio, Houston,  San Francisco Bay area   Kansas  New York Boston Austin Texas, Baltimore, Chicago,  LA , Miami and other locations.  Unless there are towers turned on in your area I cannot tell when they will be do not have that information.  If upgrade have started in an area I can say you have LTE service in a certain area.  We only opened the first markets less than 6 mon ago  The location listed are where there is active  LTE service.  You can check on these forums for people who are reporting both service and speeds.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't think thats the point.. The point they are trying to make is how can you charge us for something that we are incapable of using??

Highlighted
Wizard

CHANGEUP,

For a up to date view of the LTE rollout go to www.sprint.com/4gThis will tell you when your area will get LTE. You can also check our coverage maps at : www.sprint.com/coverage . I hope this will help you narrow down what coverage is looking like in your area.

Highlighted
Master

Information regarding Network Vision and LTE deployment. I would suggest doing a little research before ranting in a public forum about the company you are ranting about with incorrect information.

All public information regarding Network Vision has been posted here in the community numerous times. This thread linked here has most of the information in a single location. It does not have specific information regarding which markets are getting deployed in what order, but it has general information about the Network Vision deployment as a whole nationwide.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/106007

Highlighted
Master

Over_all21

We do not charge for 4g service.  If you are talking about the Premium data plan that is charged to all smart phones  whether they use  4g or not.  Original post  stated that 4g does not exist and that it will not  I pointed out where it does exist and that we are continuing to expand that coverage. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Im here in Philadelphia, PA. I no longer have 4G. You have to understand the frustration of having a car but no keys. You have a Lamborghini but cant drive past 10MPH! Sprint has been very misleading! selling LTE phones, allegedly "coming" to more cities andeven advertises as such .... but ... Its just not there. Im one year into a 2 year contract and I have far less service with the phone(S3) than with my epic 4G. Seems like I jumped out of the frying pan an into the fire with this one. After 15 years of being with T-Mobile I switched for a better phone selection. Well, i  got just that... a better phone!

Highlighted
Wizard

Sprint has also been pretty open about what markets are being currently built out and expected to have LTE in the coming months. Instead of waiting until a market is 100% complete before announcing it and flipping the switch, they are communicating ahead of time and also allowing LTE to be used as towers are completed and available before a market is even complete. 1st half 2013 we'll see momentum pick up. Sprint knows it is behind the Big two in LTE rollout. However, they are doing it right the first time by implementing and delivering on their Network Vision plan. Short term pain, but long term advantage versus competitors. Even for those that leave now because they have to, Sprint should be an attractive competitor again soon in the short future network wise for them to take a look at coming back.

Everything network wise is happening intentionally right now. If Network Vision was not executed according to plan, it would be another ATT disaster happening.

Not only will you have an LTE network, you will have a consistent, farther reaching, and dense capacity friendly network.

Highlighted
Wizard

over_all21,

I am pretty sure that was not his point. His statements of : "It simply does not exist and never will..." and " But I've heard of absolutly Nobody that actually has it" His point was more geared towards why no one knows when it is coming. That is why I provided them with the 4G time table and coverage maps.  We also do not charge any more for 4G vs. 3G. Are you talking about the $10 premium data charge? I can go over that for you if you need me to?

Highlighted
Master

Change up you are quite correct about no LTE service in Philidelphia at this time. I can see no lte towers there  but it is now on the which means the upgrades will be starting soon  and as those towers are completed the with turn on with LTE.  Will this be tomorrow  no  Will it be with in the next few months I would certainly think so  We have only had LTE phones for a short time about 3 months before fore the first markets were turned on.  We started with only five cites we brought to alot more cities since  July.  What Phone do you have?

Highlighted
Journeyman

So, since you've done your research and I have obviously missed something, when am I getting LTE service in Philadelphia? which month?

Highlighted
Master

Change up you are quite correct about no LTE service in Philidelphia at this time. I can see no lte towers there  but it is now on the which means the upgrades will be starting soon  and as those towers are completed the with turn on with LTE.  Will this be tomorrow  no  Will it be with in the next few months I would certainly think so  We have only had LTE phones for a short time about 3 months before fore the first markets were turned on.  We started with only five cites we brought to alot more cities since  July.  What Phone do you have?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat