cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE is a GREAT LIE THAT WE ALL PAY FOR WITH SPRINT!!!!!!

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

LTE is a GREAT LIE THAT WE ALL PAY FOR WITH SPRINT!!!!!!

LTE is a Joke!!! It simply doesnt exist and never will. All we hear is .... LTE launching soon! but I've heard of absolutely NOBODY that actually have it. The only LTE I have is on my virtual kepboard! Call sprint and ask. No one will know when it is "coming" ask then when is you bill due and they certainly know the anwser to that. no laws to protect us from this crap!!!

28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted
Wizard

changeup,

S4gru.com is also a good resource. It is not affiliated with Sprint, but a darn good resource and educational site.

Donate a few bucks and become a sponsor if ya want and get access to the Network Vision interactive maps so you can keep up with..Philadelphia, right?

Highlighted
Master

I cannot give you information I do not have the market is on the list for tracking at this time  with no towers upgraded to Network vision .  I do not know if crews are working on them at this time or will start next week or next month. Once I see some towers upgrades I could make a better guess as to when you will see 4g service.  Minneapolis has started to build out   They are working from the suburbs in toward the center of the city base on what I can see there.  That city was announced about 60 days ago and has active towers now.  What will happen in your city I can only say after it has happened.  I am not promising anything beyond my abillity to deliver.  I do not control the crews that to the upgrades

Highlighted
Journeyman

Currently, I have the Samsung Galaxy S3... I understand the $10 Premium service data charge  but there is no service to warrant that?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Currently, I have the Samsung Galaxy S3... I understand the $10 Premium service data charge  but there is no service to warrant that?

Highlighted
Master

CHANGEUP wrote:

No matter which smartphone you have, the plan would be the same exact price. You could have an old Palm Pre which has no 4G capability at all, and still have the $10 Premium Data plan requirement. It is not a charge related to 4G at all, it is a charge required for all smartphones since statistically they use much more data on our network than other devices. The only exception to this is the Samsung Replenish which is exempted as a discount for choosing a "greener" more environmentally-friendly device.

If you wan unofficial information regarding the Network Vision deployment there are some communities elsewhere on the Internet using leaked information that Sprint will not publically comment on and that is entirely subject to change or manipulation. Sites like www.s4gru.com are informed and full of knowledgable users. Those sites however have very little tolerance for non-constructive conversation. Rants and misinformation are tightly moderated and corrected by the community with correct information. These sites are not affiliated with Sprint and are operated by individuals.

Highlighted

If I remember correctly Joseph Goebbels ( Adolph Hitlers P.R guy ) said “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it". This "$10 4g fee" assumption seems to verify his statement.

Highlighted
Journeyman

14KNIGHT wrote:

Change up you are quite correct about no LTE service in Philidelphia at this time. I can see no lte towers there  but it is now on the which means the upgrades will be starting soon  and as those towers are completed the with turn on with LTE.  Will this be tomorrow  no  Will it be with in the next few months I would certainly think so 

Woah!!  I re-upped my 2 year contract in June because two separate Sprint reps - one sales & one technical - supposedly looked up an LTE date for Philly and I was told by both reps 7/22/12.  When that came and went with no LTE I was told by October and that upgrades are under way.  Then I was told Thanksgiving (by the Sprint store at 11th & Chestnut).  Now you're saying that LTE upgrades AREN'T EVEN UNDER WAY IN PHILADELPHIA?!?!?!  I've been complaining about crappy performance of my S3 since the day I got it and have been repeatedly told that this was because towers were being upgraded and the network was being upgraded.  I've been suffering through 3G speeds of around 100kbps down x 77kbps up since June - that is when I can even get the Speed Test app to complete a test and not time out and now you're saying that it's going to be several more months of this???  What a bunch of lying pieces of **** your Sprint reps are.  Sucker me in for another two years by blatently lying about service.  Luckily I have the chats saved at home and will be glad to post them here as proof that I was told 7/22 and then October.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

halcyoncmdr123 wrote:

CHANGEUP wrote:

No matter which smartphone you have, the plan would be the same exact price. You could have an old Palm Pre which has no 4G capability at all, and still have the $10 Premium Data plan requirement. It is not a charge related to 4G at all, it is a charge required for all smartphones since statistically they use much more data on our network than other devices. The only exception to this is the Samsung Replenish which is exempted as a discount for choosing a "greener" more environmentally-friendly device.

If you wan unofficial information regarding the Network Vision deployment there are some communities elsewhere on the Internet using leaked information that Sprint will not publically comment on and that is entirely subject to change or manipulation. Sites like www.s4gru.com are informed and full of knowledgable users. Those sites however have very little tolerance for non-constructive conversation. Rants and misinformation are tightly moderated and corrected by the community with correct information. These sites are not affiliated with Sprint and are operated by individuals.

Not sure that I agree with this. I have 2 smart phones, one with 4G and the other just 3G. I'm charged a Data fee on the 4G and not the other. The call center has confirmed this and said replacement of the non 4G smart phone would have to be with another similar phone (HTC Hero for example). So that tells me 4G is the reason for the data fee. If you are in a market that doesn't have 4G LTE or your phone never connects to 4G, shouldn't the customer be refunded the data fee?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Please post those chats. I had the same type of chat with a sprint rep and they told me the EXACT same thing! Unfortunately, I do not have the chats. The Sprint supporters in this discussion should be able to realize by now that the customer service reps are not all on the same page and stories keep shifting. There is no excuse for this. People are being ripped off with no recourse because of a breached contract that you'll have to pay to get out of.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

im willing to guess that the regular 3G phone you have you have had for quite some time..and havent done anything with the account..if this phone is from quiet a while back before they really started pushing the fee then that would be why...until something is changed on your plan or you upgrade to another smart phone youre grandfathered in to the old contract.

thats just my guess though

racerfx wrote:

Not sure that I agree with this. I have 2 smart phones, one with 4G and the other just 3G. I'm charged a Data fee on the 4G and not the other. The call center has confirmed this and said replacement of the non 4G smart phone would have to be with another similar phone (HTC Hero for example). So that tells me 4G is the reason for the data fee. If you are in a market that doesn't have 4G LTE or your phone never connects to 4G, shouldn't the customer be refunded the data fee?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Master

Since the Premium Data was originally only charged on the 4G devices to try and offset the increase in data network usage, they ALWAYS required the fee. It was later determined that even the 3G devices were utilizing more data on the network on average, and the Premium Data fee was extended to all smartphones. If you had a phone that was not 4G and is grandfathered in to not requiring the fee, then you can be exchanged ONLY AS A SERVICE AND REPAIR exchange to another 3G-only device from the store's exchange list (it is a preset list, you do not get to pick and choose) without the fee required.

Any other exchange like if you swap to another smartphone you own, the fee is required; even if going from a 3G-only smartphone to another 3G-only smartphone. The only exception is if the exchange is done as part of a service and repair exchange to a different 3G-only model in store.

This is not a difficult concept and has been discussed numerous times in the past here in the community. If you want more in-depth information regarding the fee I would suggest utilizing the search function of the site to view those previous discussions. It is the way it is, no amount of complaining about it will change it, the system has been in place for over a year now. Smartphones grandfathered in without the Premium Data requirement are the minority and the number of accounts setup this way is dwindling by the day as users upgrade to newer devices.

Highlighted
Journeyman

halcyoncmdr123 wrote:

Since the Premium Data was originally only charged on the 4G devices to try and offset the increase in data network usage, they ALWAYS required the fee. It was later determined that even the 3G devices were utilizing more data on the network on average, and the Premium Data fee was extended to all smartphones. If you had a phone that was not 4G and is grandfathered in to not requiring the fee, then you can be exchanged ONLY AS A SERVICE AND REPAIR exchange to another 3G-only device from the store's exchange list (it is a preset list, you do not get to pick and choose) without the fee required.

Any other exchange like if you swap to another smartphone you own, the fee is required; even if going from a 3G-only smartphone to another 3G-only smartphone. The only exception is if the exchange is done as part of a service and repair exchange to a different 3G-only model in store.

This is not a difficult concept and has been discussed numerous times in the past here in the community. If you want more in-depth information regarding the fee I would suggest utilizing the search function of the site to view those previous discussions. It is the way it is, no amount of complaining about it will change it, the system has been in place for over a year now. Smartphones grandfathered in without the Premium Data requirement are the minority and the number of accounts setup this way is dwindling by the day as users upgrade to newer devices.

I stand corrected...still would like to see 4G again since I had it with my old HTC EVO.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat