cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE is a GREAT LIE THAT WE ALL PAY FOR WITH SPRINT!!!!!!

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

LTE is a GREAT LIE THAT WE ALL PAY FOR WITH SPRINT!!!!!!

LTE is a Joke!!! It simply doesnt exist and never will. All we hear is .... LTE launching soon! but I've heard of absolutely NOBODY that actually have it. The only LTE I have is on my virtual kepboard! Call sprint and ask. No one will know when it is "coming" ask then when is you bill due and they certainly know the anwser to that. no laws to protect us from this crap!!!

28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted
GrandMaster

quoting the wrong person..i already know how it works lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Wizard

stevelogan1967 wrote:

...Then I was told Thanksgiving (by the Sprint store at 11th & Chestnut). ...

If you are talking about the store at 1110 Chestnut St in Philly, it is an independent dealer owned and/or operated by "Ariannas", so your complaint about what they told you should be directed to them.  Sprint has no control over what independent dealers say or do.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Stop crying for $10 got with Verizon and ATT you end up paying lot more money, no one is forcing to stay with Sprint still everyone upgrades there phones whyyyyyyyyyyyy, because they are still cheaper than others..

Highlighted
Wizard

BENNY484 wrote:

Stop crying for $10 got with Verizon and ATT you end up paying lot more money, no one is forcing to stay with Sprint still everyone upgrades there phones whyyyyyyyyyyyy, because they are still cheaper than others..

It never seems to change.... If the phones were free, the service was free, and you had coverage in Timbuktwo and Kalamazoo...people would still complain about the shape of the bars on the screen, the size of the volume keys on the free phone, or the free coverage not extending to the middle of the Southern Pacific ocean and Lake Chichimonga on the moon....

Are the people complaining here doing without service? No...the service just doesn't live up to some sort of standard they've set, which says that Sprint must be faster than Fios fiber, have voice services immediately on TDD-LTE, and never change anything in their business model to help build a brand new network from the ground up.

Not once, but twice Sprint has built a network from the ground ....up.  Folks complaining: nothing stops you from starting your very own MVNO provider, securing roaming agreements and device subsidies...and offering your very own service as you think it should be (with no profit for you, because you want to give more than you receive, remember?)

Sprint isn't asking every customer to fund their millions of dollars in network advancements (of nearly 39,000 towers in Sprint's footprint, nearly 13,000 have seen upgrades since JULY.)..they simply ask that everyone who uses these data-hungry smartphones to chip in a piddly TEN bucks. That doesn't include a data cap, or a throttled speed...and I've seen LTE speeds....Sprints new LTE network will be able to handle even the most data-intense apps and users....with upwards of 30mbp/s downloads, and 15mbp/s upload...even with network congestion, these speeds will be astronomically better than the competitions.....

And instead of buying up all sorts of small companies with different spectrum holdings, then having a cluster8*** of spectrums...and having to design devices that work on 5 or 6 different bands (which eats more battery)....Sprint is using it's already existent network and re-deploying in the same spectrum.  I'm sure people would like it better if they had to wait until sprint was finished building the network (2014), and devices were designed, then marketed and deployed before they could use it...that would be better, right? Why should Sprint allow people to use the network as they work on it?

Does AT&T allow people to use their new LTE markets before they announce them? NO. NO WAY. They announce the market, and THAT DATE is when you can use it. Same for big red. Nobody gets a taste of the action before the newsletter.  However, Sprint is allowing access to LTE towers as they are accepted...instead of blocking them all until the market's announced date of service...how dare they, right?

And if ten bucks is the difference in your power being turned off, or you losing food for the month...then cell phone service shouldn't be what you're complaining about anyway....I smoked ten bucks in cigs the last day or so...and I smoke "cadillacs" as they called them in jail...Marlboro..

I'm sure everyone else that's complaining here wastes way more than $10 a month and could find a way to minimize the MAJOR impact that this $10 fee has on your wallet.

We're deciding between having power for the month of may, or paying the $10 fee on my GS3....it's a tough choice. If I suddenly get cut-off in mid-sentence while typing, I guess that means I chose the $10 fee....

Highlighted
Wizard

CHANGEUP wrote:

Currently, I have the Samsung Galaxy S3... I understand the $10 Premium service data charge  but there is no service to warrant that?

Then you should go into Settings--->Data and turn off all data service on your phone, since you can't warrant having any data being on your phone....That's what you've just said.

Or better yet, find an old Nokie 3165 or some other phone that doesn't have a 3G radio in it, and be happy with your voice-only phone.

This $10 fee is CLEAR before you buy a smartphone. You wanna complain, complain to Apple, who started this whole saga with data-hungry iPhones eating up networks and causing MASS congestion on cellular providers. It wasn't until Apple that we started seeing data caps and throttling because of the iPhone's constant data-hungry connection...and the way Apple markets the iPhone...people run out in September and buy a  new one...2million at once hitting the network for weeks while people play with their new toy...

So instead of blaming the company that does it's best to adhere to such abuse by one device, blame the ones that cause mass hysteria in a single day each year for people to stand in line for a week waiting on the stupid thing....then spend the next 72 hours straight being taught to be iSheep. You would think people had a memory and could see what happens EVERY year since 2007...

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat