Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest update question

Highlighted
Journeyman

Latest update question

Hello,

Let me start off by saying I'm not angry about what I'm questioning here, nor am I an impatient person. However I was wondering about something. My brother's family and I (3 total) are on the same plan. My brother got the new kitkat update already but the other 2 of us can not get it yet. We've tried to update it ourselves and it says we're up to date but we're still showing version 4.3.. Just wondering is all, it seems odd we all live close to each other in the same state and one person can get it but the other can't. Two of them (including my brother with the update already) are in area code 37174 and I'm in 37064.

Any help is appreciated, it's confusing to us haha.

Thanks,

Jeff

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Latest update question

It's really frustrating...I'm no where near you and yet, have no access to kitkat either. I hope you get it soon.

Journeyman

The OTA rollouts happen to devices at random, which is why people get it different times.

If you really want the update, you can get it from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2737643

It is built from the open source kernel released by Samsung.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, I can definitely see how people could get upset with this. Especially if you've been really eagerly awaiting it and you can't get access to it while others can. I'm not upset really, but our situation is confusing to us. My brother's wife asked me around 7pm if I got the update. She can't get it, but her husband got it. Just odd to us and we got sick of google searching as to how that happens. I can see me not getting it in a different county, but they live in the same house haha. How does she not get it too?

Hang in there, hopefully it won't be too much longer for everyone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, in the same house is strange. My brother and I had the same issue when 4.3 came out...I got it like a week prior to him...neither of us have kitkat yet.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Oh, I'm not in great need of the update but thank you for the link. We were just wondering is all. Like I said in my other reply about my brother and his wife. Same house, same plan, damn near the same phone number too, one gets it the other doesn't. Just odd to us, but random sounds about right haha.

Highlighted
Master

Bellicose- Great question. I know that waiting for a new update can be frustrating. I know with the last update for Samsung, it took my phone over a month to get it. The manufactures push out these updates. We do not have access as to what areas it will be pushed to or when and what devices will get it. I apologize for this. Please keep manually checking every few days to see if it will get pushed to your device or you may just get a pop up saying you need to update. Thank you for your patience!- Sara, Social Care Team
Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat