cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make a song into a ringtone on Galaxy S3???

Journeyman

Make a song into a ringtone on Galaxy S3???

I have tried everything!!!! How can I make a song that I have bought/downloaded and am able to listen to through google play, media hub, all of that and make it into my ringtone? I just can not figure it out!!!! I want to her my Halloween Theme song as my ringtone!!! HELP......

8 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Make a song into a ringtone on Galaxy S3???

If it's like the galaxy S2, then you'll have to open the music file first and hit the option/menu button. Afterwards choose the 'set as' option and 'phone ringtone' will be the one for selecting it as your ringtone for calls. 

Journeyman

I use the Ringdroid app, which lets you select a part of a song for you ringtone, and saves it in the proper place to be available as a ringtone.

Journeyman

LouJiang wrote:

If it's like the galaxy S2, then you'll have to open the music file first and hit the option/menu button. Afterwards choose the 'set as' option and 'phone ringtone' will be the one for selecting it as your ringtone for calls. 

This.

Master

Is the ringer downloaded on to your phone or is it in the cloud with google music?

Journeyman

I can lsisten to the song on my phone. It is downloaded on there. I just cant find the option to make it into a ringtone. I tried media hub and all the other music related apps on the phone and I just cant find the way to get to the option...I have been trying for days......

Wizard

You can do so by going into the music hub

Select the stored song that you’d like to convert

Then press the menu key and select set as

Phone ringtone.

Thanks,

Morris

Social media care

Journeyman

Ok, now that I have music hub, how do i get my song from the play music app to media hub? OR, from my computer to my phone. I followed the tutorial they have on Sprint but when I plugged my phone in and I clicked on My Computer, then clicked on the SpLH, then it was supposed to show a list of files and nothing came up. It said empty.....

Journeyman

Since you're having trouble with connecting your phone to your computer, probably the easiest way to get your ringtone on your phone is to email it to yourself. Then use your phone to check your email and then download the file onto the phone.

If you did the previous tasks correctly the song should now be in your "downloads" folder. Open your "apps", open the "My files" app, open "sdcard", open "Download". At this point you should see the music file, open it with "Sound player". The song should start playing. Click the left menu button and select "Set as" and choose phone ringtone or the one you want.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.