cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My GS3 shuts down after lg8 update

Highlighted
Journeyman

My GS3 shuts down after lg8 update

Ever since LG8 update my phone will shut down. I hit my power button and nothing. The first two times it happened I took out the battery to get it up and running again. I then found out if I hit the power button the menu and back button will light up but I have to hold the power button down for a long time or I have to hold the power, volume, and home button down for a bit to get it going instead of taking out the battery. Phone was fine up until update. I just did a clear cache partition and I am hoping that helps. If anyone has had this problem and fixed it or heard of a fix can you please share.  Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Re: My GS3 shuts down after lg8 update

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues after the update, please let me know if you continue to experience issues after clearing the cache partition.

Journeyman

It happened twice yesterday early but I cleared partition and as of Sunday early evening I am okay. I will keep you posted.

Journeyman

I did finally figure it out. It was a software issue. I had an app called screen off and lock. After I uninstalled that the phone has been fine and it has been several weeks now.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat