cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO LTE IN MIAMI GARDENS 33056?

Highlighted
Journeyman

NO LTE IN MIAMI GARDENS 33056?

I had renew my contract with sprint. To get to enjoy the so called 4G LTE, and to be honest it sucks to have had the pleasure to have the Samsung galaxy s3 without LTE service in my area(33056). I was hoping to stay in with Sprint service for another two years but decided to send the great SGS3 back. The lack of support/service to sprint customers have been very unsatisfactory. Every blog I see in here regarding the LTE service is mostly bad.  I will be making my decision to stay or leave with SprintPcs after my 3 other lines get out of the contract they are currently in. It's about 10 more months hopefully SprintPcs gets its act together or it will be downhill for them within the next year. Have anybody ever wonder why other companies have a data cap? It's because they're service actually works. I want to mention that when I had the SGS3 I got some 4g signal in my house but they were dead signals, those other signals I got that actually work were around major highways like I-95, 836, and also NW 27 ave south South bound and North bound but they are mostly in areas were people might not even use it. Please do something about this SPRINTPCS you guys are seriously taking everyone's money and hope for better service for every minutes that passes by. I live by the Great Sun life Stadium of the Miami Dolphins and the community here will love to have service. I added A pic to show that I actually requested a PRP (Package return Program) from RadioShack through FedEx.

11 REPLIES 11

Re: NO LTE IN MIAMI GARDENS 33056?

NoLTEin33056-

Thank you so much for the post! We actually haven't officially launched LTE in the Miami market as of yet, in fact the network is still very much under construction. In the meantime, you should be able to utilize 3G services until LTE becomes live. Feel free to frequent official launch announcements by visiting www.sprint.com/network.

What has your experience been with 3G thus far?

Hang in there!

William

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Hi there SuperD,

As you can see I waited to reply a whole lot of time. 3g is ok but my concerns was and still is 4g_lte srvice. so far I can only get great signal by major streets and highways like I-95 wnd when I drive to my residence house the signal disappears so is the case in most of areas. So far all discussions I read about the 4g_lte service in any state or part of the USA have been very negative. I have 3 towers around my area I live in 196th lane NW and 32 CT, miami gardens,  FL I should be getting a superb signal. Please explain.  Tnx in advance.

P.s I won't threaten to cancel my service like everyone else does here

Wizard

I've been to Slidell, where LTE is actually live and well, and seen firsthand that it works great. In fact, I'll post a screenshot of my Speedtest.net results from Slidell:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2527014130.png

Then, there's this...this is what I get at home. It's been much worse than this at times, but the sites near me have been 3G Network Vision updated...so now we're just waiting on the LTE to be flipped on -- likely waiting on the backhaul to the towers here since this is a really rural area.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1948900159.png

I will say this...don't judge Sprint solely based on what's said here in the forums. Most people who come here are coming to vent, they are pissed off beyond measure before they ever log-in to this site, and they think ...for some reason...that Sprint has to guarantee them ISP-type speeds on their data connection. Granted, it's annoying to try and youtube or view data-intense web sites with a slow data connection...but geez. I think Sprint has done a TREMENDOUS job in the past year that they've been rolling out 4G-LTE. Since July of 2012, they have upgraded 17,900 towers of the 39,000 towers they have. That doesn't mean 17,000 towers have 4G-LTE, but they have to do it in series before they can turn on LTE...meaning, first a site has to be 3G updated with new equipment (Samsung, Ericsson, or Alcatel-Lucent is supplying this part). Then, a contractor has to physically visit the site, install the cabinets and RRU's..and depending on where they are with the backhaul (the ISP line coming to the tower), they can 3G accept then turn around and 4G accept, or 3G accept only, then wait on the fiber optic line for the 4G.

People think you're crazy when you try to tell them that once Sprint finishes Network Vision they will be better than AT&T and VZW...but just squat and watch. I've been with Sprint over 5 years now, and I've had some HORRIBLE service, but Sprint has always been very nice and loyal to me, so I'm being loyal to them by staying with them. I can't wait to see what's in store for Sprint. Especially knowing that the Softbank merger is going to happen, and DISH Network has NO chance of getting their hands on Sprint.   I was actually decided that if Dish Network was approved by Sprint's board, that I was changing carriers. But..they did the wise thing and allowed the vote to go towards Japan's Softbank, and that's WONDERFUL news for us, knowing what Softbank did in Japan with it's 2.5ghz spectrum...we're going to see some amazing things now that Sprint has the funds, via Softbank, to inject into new equipment, and putting in a data network that the US has yet to see...Sprint really is going places, and being a Sprint customer is getting to close being something that people with other carriers are quite jealous of.  Most people just can't believe the things I've stated...and that's their ignorance to deal with. Saying "wait and see" doesn't do anything for the 'here n now', but I know from what I've been reading and seeing happen that things are going to be great for Sprint in the future, especially now, with this Japanese carrier merger. The things that the CEO of Softbank did in Japan were MONUMENTAL...he took a company and in just 3-5 years, turned it from near bankrupt into the top carrier in Japan...and now they are sitting comfortably in the market over there..and he has the same visions for Sprint in the USA.  Dish Network tried it's best to curb this, because DISH wants both Sprint and Clearwire's spectrum to rollout his stupid "satellite over cellular" crap...and we would've seen Sprint get torn to shreds by a greedy, crybaby CEO and once he finished with Sprint, there would be nothing left to speak of. Seriously we're all lucky that Dish didn't get the go-ahead from the board to merge with Sprint...and that's putting it lightly. The way AT&T's network got bogged with the onset of iPhone's in 2007 would be NOTHING compared to what would happen to Sprint's network.  Charlie Ergen wanted someone to do the dirty work for him while he sat back and raked in the money hand over fist..then once the network was diminished due to wear and tear...just drop them and sell off the spectrum at auction to recoup even more...putting Sprint strictly out of business with no other option. This would've essentially sealed the duopoly in the USA for cell carrier..and also sealed our fate in having a third contender in innovation and future-proofing the network to keep up with customer demand.

I'm thrilled at knowing where things will be even just one year from now. June 30, 2013 was the shut-down of the iDEN network (Nextel)...and now Sprint can deploy 800smr since they can turn off those towers...save money on a dead technology by not broadcasting any longer...then by end 2013 or 2014, start deploying 800 LTE ...

All of this might sound like gibberish, but 800smr will have penetration for voice like we haven't seen with Sprint...because of the tech. And 2.5 LTE can be deployed and actually used as an ISP, able to handle nearly anything you can throw at it, data-wise. Meaning, you could have 100,000 people streaming a hi-def movie at the same time in your area and never notice any slow-down whatsoever.

If people choose to stick around for it..then great, they get to be a part of this...but people that don't want to wait around for it...AT&T and VZW have some over-priced, data-capped plans just WAITING on them to sign up for....if people hurry, they can get into a contract, and when Sprint finishes its Network Vision deployment, and they start hearing friends who are blazing on the Sprint Network with average 20mbps download, 10mbps uploads, they'll be stuck in their data caps and aging network...unable to enjoy what they could've waited just a bit longer for...

AT&T is a joke in saying the "largest 4G network"...and Verizon, while it has lots of urban coverage...SUCKS in places where I live...RURAL. VZW doesn't care about rural, and neither does AT&T. I can't even get AT&T's U-verse at my home...and they've filled every DSL slot in their DLSAM and only had DSL here for 4 years now. The DSLAM was full 2 years after they installed the DSLAM...if that doesn't scream customer demand, I don't know what does...but they won't listen. The DSLAM I live next door to powers an AT&T cell tower that's 1 mile from me...and they have YET to upgrade that tower to 4G...waiting on >>>>>>WHAT????!!!!!!!???

Instead, we're stuck with this ignorant 6meg down, .5 meg up internet...barely able to upload videos of our kids on DSL...unless we do it at night...so I can't wait..literally, for Sprint to get LTE in my area. And it won't be long...Alabama already has about 7 or 8 towers broadcasting 4G-LTE...the most are in Montgomery, and 2 in Mobile....but it's coming, quickly. The first one in Anniston went live last week..and that's getting even closer to me.

Wizard

I think I might've grabbed the wrong speedtest on the Slidell..but I did have 30mbps speeds on LTE while I was there...I can't tell if that was wireless or cellular.

NoLTEin33056-

Thanks for following up with us! I took a look at the area you provided and I found that the surrounding sites are scheduled to receive LTE upgrades within the next 3 months. Much of this general area is still in the progress of being upgraded. Keep in mind that there is a regulatory process which we must follow, permits, local government permission, etc.

I can assure you once the LTE coverage has become more broad and not so sparse, it will totally be worth the wait.

Regards,

William

Journeyman

Hey super d, so far your promise of great serVice is not what it seems. It's been months since and what i get is not even what it's expected from the Sprint vision that was targeted by Sprint. It's been frustrating to pay for a serVice that sucks tremendously! I have compare the other networks and they have caught my attention, the only reason i don't switch is because am stuck on a contract and quite frankly am not going to pay a ETF to simplify your company's incompetent service.

Journeyman

Sorry jonmcr but you're talking out of your ass.

Wizard

Uhm..No. You obviously don't know much about band 26 or band 41..or for that matter, the capability of band 25 LTE.

The upload and download channel tells you the bandwidth capability, it's right there in the phone. If you don't want to believe that..then continue being a jerk and telling people who've seen it firsthand that they don't know what they are talking about.

Just because you don't have it yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

GrandMaster

which part is he trying to blow smoke up your rump about? the data speeds he had? i can post mine if you wish..all my LTE speed tests are while Samsung is still testing and tuning the towers even..on average depending on the tower im anywhere between 10mbps down to just roughly 30mbps down...mind you im not in your state but these are the averages im seeing.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

And people just keep porting over from VZW, AT&T and T-mo in hordes to get the speeds that Sprint is offering. So apparently they are doing something right. May not be in everyone's time frame, but it's happening.

Master

JonMcR,

Thanks for sharing that information. We appreciate your feedback. Let us know if you have any questions we can assist you with. We are here to help.

Thank you,

Barry

Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat