cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 3g or 4g at all after update! Please help!

Highlighted
Journeyman

No 3g or 4g at all after update! Please help!

Just did a system update on Samsung Galaxy S3 (one that was sent by Sprint, I guess?).  I am obviously not very tech savvy & don't know what the technical terms for everything is, so please bear with me!  haha  After the update, there is absolutely no 3g or 4g signal at all!  Could the update turned some setting off that we can turn back on?  Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Master

Re: No 3g or 4g at all after update! Please help!

donyan11,

Thanks for posting. Please dial ##72786# to reset your device and retest. Let me know if it's still not connecting after the reset.

*Jathen
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: No 3g or 4g at all after update! Please help!

donyan11,

Navigate to settings/connections/more networks/mobile networks.

From this screen Airplane Mode should be turned Off.

Next select Mobile Networks.  The box to the right of Mobile Data should be checked and  Network Mode should have the CDMA/LTE/EVDO preferred network mode selected.

Finally go to settings/connections/wifi and make sure wifi is turned Off.  After wifi is turned off your phone will begin detecting the presence of a 3g/4g network.  Once your phone successfully establishes a connection, you may go back into settings/connections/wifi and turn wifi back on.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat