cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Receiving Emails Since Android 4.4 Upgrade

Journeyman

Not Receiving Emails Since Android 4.4 Upgrade

Hi,

Since upgrading my Galaxy S3 to Android 4.4 late last week, I am not receiving my cinci.rr.com emails. I've powered off my phone, still not receiving emails. My husband checked my settings against his settings (all appear to be correct). I am able to send emails from the cinci.rr.com. email account.

Appreciate any help,

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Not Receiving Emails Since Android 4.4 Upgrade

My personal experience has always been the stock email client in all versions of Android has not been too reliable. So I use an email client called K-9 Mail. I have two IMAP accounts to my personal domain and a POP3 to Comcast configured and have no problems with sending and receiving email.

The stock email client on my phone is configured for my corporate mail via exchange. It was not receiving mail after the upgrade, as with 4.3, and I simply removed the account and added it back and now it works fine. If using the stock email client, I'd suggest trying out K-9 Mail. It gives you a more options.

Good luck!

Master

SjS0406,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in Sprint Community. Sorry to hear you are having some issues with your email account. Have you tried to un-install the app and re-install it? Let me know and also here are some trouble-shooting tips for your Samsung Galaxy S3: http://bit.ly/1knJFAv

I hope this helps!

Lucia
Social Care
Journeyman

SprintCare, I have not did an un-install ... will it a try, along w/ trying the troubleshooting tips. Thanks.

Journeyman

Thanks StvnM!

Master

SjS0406,
Thanks! Please keep us posted and let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Yousef
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Your welcome. Hope that worked.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat