cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh goody. A NEW problem with this phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Oh goody. A NEW problem with this phone.

I'm at my wits end with this thing.  Loved the phone at first, despite the 3G signal not being nearly as strong as my 1st gen Evo.  Then came the 1st software update and all hell broke loose.  MMS wouldn't send, calls were dropped, 3G was nonexistant (I'm not in a 4G area), and no data connectivity, wi-fi or otherwise.  This was completely unacceptable since I don't have a landline and I cannot afford to be without a phone.  Finally after about a week and several calls to customer service, it was resolved.  Then came the next software update - wash, rinse, and repeat with all the problems.  I was able to fix it sooner this time since I had just been through it.  But now incoming calls don't always ring and they go straight to voice mail.  Occasionally I won't even get the voice mails for a couple of days.  What.  The.  Hell?  I don't know if it's the phone or Sprint, but I've about had it.  😕

6 REPLIES 6
Master

Re: Oh goody. A NEW problem with this phone.

Hello and thank you for bringing this to our attention.  Is this the EVO 4G LTE?  If so, have you tried a factory reset?  Actually, most software updates work best from a "fresh install" stand point which can only be done after a factory reset.  But before we get to that point, let's rule out your location(s) as being part of the problem since we are upgrading our towers all over the country.  May we have an intersection and zip code where you're frequently having service trouble? 

Tom Deaver

Social Care ~ Sprint.com Communities

Available ~ Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Journeyman

So let me get this straight.  Every time I have problems with this phone, and that is OFTEN, I have to do a factory reset and lose all my stuff?  Color me ecstatic.  And this is a Samsung Galaxy SIII as noted by my tags and why it's in the Galaxy SIII forum.

Wizard

ThatLMSgrl

That may not be the case. We can check your area, as tomdeaver mentioned. Can you please share your zip code and cross streets? We'll take a close look at the service in your area.

Ruth E

Social Care Team

GrandMaster

you would be surprised at how many people ask questions in the wrong forums..for the wrong phone.

ThatLMSgrl wrote:

So let me get this straight.  Every time I have problems with this phone, and that is OFTEN, I have to do a factory reset and lose all my stuff?  Color me ecstatic. And this is a Samsung Galaxy SIII as noted by my tags and why it's in the Galaxy SIII forum.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

My home is at the intersection of Nave and Genoa zip code 44646, however these problems happen everywhere I go.

Journeyman

I am having the same issue and my phone is not even a month old. Very dissapointed because both Sprint and BestBuy said that it is the phones and their service that is causing these problems. This should be addressed soon because I have been searching for answers all over the web and way to many people are having this issue.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat