cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not recognized on computer

Master

Re: Phone not recognized on computer

cpcarroll

Are you using the same USB cable? Do you have another USB cable to try the previous steps that I provided?

Thanks,

Pamela
Sprint Social Care
Wizard

As I stated earlier, I've tried two different USB cables, one is the original that came with the phone.

Master

cpcarroll,

I understand. Please try the following: Settings > Storage > More Options > USB Connection > Media Device (make sure it's checked). If Media Device is already checked, uncheck it, restart the device, then check it again.

Alternatively, you can simply try to connect it as a USB Mass Storage. Go to your phone's Settings (More), Connect to PC Storage, and turn on USB Storage. Let me know if that helps.

- Joseph
Sprint Social Care
Wizard

I don't even see these settings in my phone which makes me think there's a bigger problem here.

Master

cpcarroll,

That's not good to hear. Please power the phone down completely then remove the battery for over 30 seconds after which reinsert the battery and turn on the phone. Let me know if the phone connects to your computer. Which software version are you using?

- Jewel
Sprint Social Care
Wizard

I do that on a daily basis when I change out my battery.

Software for phone is 4.4.2

Computers are Windows 7 and Windows 8.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi cpcarroll,

Not sure if you got this resolved. After upgrading all five GS3's on my account, all stopped connecting to my Windows systems. Four are W7 and one is W8. What I did to resolve was to uninstall KIES and all Samsung drivers that were listed in the Add/Remove Programs. I then rebooted the notebooks with a battery pull. After rebooting, I rebooted my phone (with battery pull). I then went to www.samsung.com/us/kies, downloaded and installed Kies 3. Once installed I plugged the phone in, let the Plug-n-Play do it's thing and the phone connected. This worked for me on all five notebook PCs and associated GS3s.

Hope that helps and works for you.

Master

cpcarroll,

Have you tried doing what StvnM recommended below? Let us know if that works or if you are still having the same issues. We are here to help.

Thank you,

Barry

Sprint Social Care

Master

StvnM,

Thanks for the recommendation that worked for you. Hopefully that will work for cpcarroll also. Have a Great Day!

Thank you,

Barry

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat