cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone's screen stays black after being idle for a while.

Journeyman

Phone's screen stays black after being idle for a while.

When my try to use my phone after it's been idle for a while the screen stays black.

I can see it lights up and can hear the it unlock when I swipe over the screen. But the screen

stays black and will not come up until I hit the power button multiple times. Its like the phone

is in some kind of sleep mode and just refuses to "wake up" for some reason.

I've tried doing a factory reset and it still does this.

I'm trying to see if there is something in the phone's settings that needs to be turn off or on, that can solve this issue.

So I wouldn't have to take a trip down to the sprint store.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Re: Phone's screen stays black after being idle for a while.

Lillian4006,

Looks like you might have to take it in.  This is not a settings related issue. The screen should light up once you hit the power button once. The store will make the final determination on if they can fix or replace the device.

Journeyman

Thanks, I took it to the Sprint store. They couldn't see what was wrong,  so they give me another phone.

Journeyman

I had the same issue when I had the s3. Mine also was overheating so they shipped me a new one. Then the brand new one I got in the mail was defective as well. I personally traded it for the iiphone 4s then advanced to getting the note 2. Ive had absolutely no issues with this phone. It is very reliable and has given me no issues.. My service never cuts out, the quad-core processor helps alot with speed. The amoled screen is amazing.. Your best bet is if you have an upgrade is to get the note 2. Its your best bet.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat