cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please post your Samsung Galaxy S III problems here

Highlighted
Journeyman

Please post your Samsung Galaxy S III problems here

i Want to be aware before i purchase or at least research further into it, either that or also email samsung about it.

ive heard a few:

• 32GB Galaxy's  google wallet is not working am i correct?
  • poor 3g recepetion?
  • poor wifi signals?

please list them if you have them thanks.

165 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Please post your Samsung Galaxy S III problems here

i have the s iii but never pick up 4g signal

Master

The 4G LTE has not been turned on yet  on the 15 July it will be turned on in Houston, Dallas,Atlanta, Kansas City and San Antonio.  The only way you would have picked up 4g is if you happened to be in range of a tower during online testing

Journeyman

Yes, I have problems.  I am having phone reception issues and 3g reception issues.  The phone is constantly roaming and reception is poor.  I had an original evo and didn't have these issues.  I like the features of the phone otherwise, but let's face it, if I have trouble getting and making calls and can't get internet or my mail when I need it, what good is it?  I think this phone is going back.  The sad part is I have heard of similar issues with the new EVO, so there doesn't appear to be a new, viable option.  Even tho my old evo is really breaking down, it's currently better than what I have to deal with with the SGS3.  Bottomline - very disappointed.

Journeyman

I've had the phone for 2 days now and am not satisfied with it yet. It was a birthday gift also. Problems i've experienced are poor 3g connection and data speeds (Speedtests), Auto focus on camera video acts sporatic, randomly will drop wifi and/or not find connection, pre-installed widgets crashing. I have a ticket open regarding the data speed issue with no resolution as of yet.

Journeyman

i get poor 3G speeds in some areas, for example at home alexandria ,va i get about .67Mbps, but at old town a near by town, i get 2Mbps i was impressed. also if you go to settings>mobile network> you can choose between CDMA and CDMA/LTE. im pretty sure its the same thing until LTE launches then you have to go to the 2nd option. for me it does drop wifi but rarely. my widgets are running normal.

what are your speeds? and where are you located? state?

Journeyman

I am no developer but am very savvy with Android and the CDMA/LTE change was one of the first things I did.

Rough average estimates are ping runs about 500ms <177 best, 932 worst> worst was tonight after internet support chat.

Download   <195kbps best, 43 kbps worst> Again worst was this evening

Upload  <265kbps best, 36kbps>

Balimore, Md 21220

Journeyman

wow thats strange i get aboyt 157ms, best 190ms

isnt baltimore getting LTE mid july?

Journeyman

Thats what i was told in store. Internet support couldn't/wouldn't verify. Just ran a test as i wrote this. 419ms ping, 0.03 mbps up and down. Thank goodness i have Wifi but that isn't the point. I've seen better speeds off of Cricket's network. Was also checking out some apps that are designed for ICS, downloaded QRDroid and the auto focus will not stop focusing ending up not reading qr codes.....this is frustrating!

Journeyman

i have also use those qr codes, im pretty sure they just have to updates their apps for touchwiz i guess, sorry if i can help any further, ive had the iphone since it launched back in 07 and only got the sIII as temporary until iphone 5. but im the speed should change soon. have you head of airave?

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.