cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please post your Samsung Galaxy S III problems here

165 REPLIES
GrandMaster

Re: Please post your Samsung Galaxy S III problems here

what im trying to say it at no point will this happen..if everyone was restricted to their city and was NEVER allowed to travel then yes this might work..but seeing as how the majority of people DO travel there is still a chance that they will go into a 4G capable area..

Master

sdialect31,

Thank you for providing feedback in regards to our Spark Network. If you have any questions or require assistance please feel free to post and let us know.

http://bit.ly/1eSctdn

Lucia
Social Care
Journeyman

I'm currently only "paying Sprint" for 5 lines over the last 10 years so, pardon me for not being concerned with the other offending carriers that are taking other people for a ride.

"Others do it too" is not a good business case for pushing phones to market that their towers can't fully accommodate.

Journeyman

Sure.  I'll take drive 20 miles to the nearest Sprint store so that they can say "Yes, you are experiencing the well documented problems associated with the last OTA update.".   I wish I had known about the weak radio's and LTE coverage before jumping ship from my original Sprint EVO.   I'm getting really tired of having to pull the car over to make a simple "hands free" phone call.  I more angry about having "Sorry, bluetooth has stopped" in the middle of important phone calls.  Just own up to it.  That's all I ask.  I deal with firmware / software issues at work on a daily basis.  It happens.    It doesn't go on for months though.   I'm not going to "pre-order" an S5 in hopes things are all better now. 

GrandMaster

if this were the case then every carrier out there would have to stop selling certain devices in areas that do not have LTE etc...sprint is not the only one that does it.

Journeyman

I appreciate your reply. Sprint should really consider not selling units that utilize a technology their towers aren't ready to fully support so far ahead of a level of deployment that would actually provide useful service. This was the case with WiMax,LTE and Spark.

WiMax deployment failed in many areas and fizzled as LTE became the focus. LTE handset nearly took over the handset options long before the network was close to useful. Now here in the present triband devices have outpaced the network ability to deliver. 3 technologies and 3 major hiccups in bringing them to the customer base, not to mention the various hangups and hurdles keeping smartphone OS updates timely. If not for iPhone and feature phone offerings Sprint might have a total fail on their hands.

Master

seb59,

Have the basic troubleshooting steps been done? Were you able to take the phone to a store so it can be diagnosed? If so, what were the results? Please let us know so we can then take the next steps.

-Jewel

Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I don't know Chrisy.  Both of these issues started immediately after the last update.  I've been hearing about the tower upgrades in South Georgia for 2 years.

A brief google search will reveal the *many* people started having these issues after the update.  I was going to wait and see if the Galaxy S5 was the solution, but if it has the same weak signal/radio as the GS3, I have to seek another solution.  This one is unacceptable.  I don't have the signal issues in Atlanta, but the weak GS3 radio becomes clear outside of Atlanta.

Journeyman

Christy,

Thank you for your reply and for providing the information I inquired about. Very much appreciate it.

Firefly ~ thanks for the tip

Master

seb59, Actually, the "Bluetooth has stopped" error and "I cannot find a network" error aren't likely to be related.  Bluetooth runs off it's own separate antenna in your device and in this case, it sounds like that anntena may have gone bad. You might try asking the phone to forget the Bluetooth device you're using and then adding it back, though most people tend to do that as a basic troubleshooting step.  Failing that, I'd have the phone evaluated at a Sprint store to see if the antenna is something we can replace.

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team