cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please post your Samsung Galaxy S III problems here

Journeyman

Re: Please post your Samsung Galaxy S III problems here

The horrible voice quality issues in Atlanta have been since the last two weeks.....they used to be the best..Sprint engineers probably messed up the LTE upgrade!

Journeyman

Overall I am very impressed with this phone. I came from and EVO 4g but we also have an Epic and two 4G Touches. This phone is the  best for sure. I'm used to bad battery life with Smartphones you would think companies would have learned their lesson by now. If you can't get through a full day with light to medium usage then we have a problem.

No Apps to SD is really bad. Especially on a Sprint device. I can't get a data connection so I need to cache streaming music when I have wifi. The problem is this takes up all my internal space and now I can't move my apps to free up room. Unacceptable.

Phone calls can't be rotated to landscape. The dialer can be set to auto rotate but as soon as you place a call it goes back to portrait mode. When you have your phone mounted in your car in landscape mode, like a GPS, your phone calls are all sideways! Who designed this interface? Did they ever actually use the phone.

I have other little issues but they seem like small bug fixes. Some settings don't stick when you set them (motion control sensitivity). Auto brightness is pretty glitchy. Autofocus in video mode hunts around a bit.

Overall the phone is still better than any other phone out right now. It would just be nice if some of the little things would get addressed.    

Journeyman

1) Main complain is still lack of 4g in Houston...Heck, I still can't see one time it turn 4g yet.

2) I keep getting the stupid Voice Mail is pending message even though I already deleted it. Rebooting the phone solved it but yeah, it's a huge annoyance. Never have this issue on any of my previous HTC phones.

3) No Aps2SD option...pretty much make the microsd slot useless.

Journeyman

I've had issues for the past 3 days now. Either my wi-fi is connecting on it's own when I have it switched off, which is annoying! And now the biggest issue is that I can't connect to my home wi-fi router at all. I've checked all the settings, the password, etc. and my phone just keeps going through the scanning and connecting stages but never fully connects to the network. I've reset the router and my phone, on top of removing the connection from my phone and entering it in about 100 times and still the same issue!! With wi-fi off, my battery drains so much faster!! There needs to be some type of fix for this!!!

Journeyman

I have the SAME EXACT issues... I am considering using my old EVO instead of the new one or this s3 becuase of these problems.. The screen is pretty and the features are fun. Great. I have to stand across the street to reply to a text because the phone wont try and resend on its own and I otherwise will have to sit and hit resend for fifteen minutes until it finds a spot of reception. My WiFi works great - I hardly have 3g (I know it exsists, I had it 100% of the time on my old EVO), too bad texting and phone calls dont run on WiFi. I have resorted to communicating through Google Talk because it runs on WiFi, but not everyone has that app. I would NOT reccomend spending money on a phone like this when all its going to cause is a strong urge to throw it across the room. If you want a pretty phone, get it. If you want one that gets reception and features are actually usable you'd be better off with a banana.

Journeyman

@DaisyAndOrchid - My WiFi was connecting on its own too, but I fixed it - its in Settings > More Settings > Mobile Networks > Automatic Connections >UNCHECK Sprint Auto Connection... Such an annoying feature!

Highlighted
GrandMaster

it would probably help a bit more if all of you actually posted or looked in here first

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/samsung/samsung_galax...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

its supposed to help with those that forget to turn their connections off when no longer in that area..not to mention being on wifi when you can will help improve battery life...

DANADEE822 wrote:

@DaisyAndOrchid - My WiFi was connecting on its own too, but I fixed it - its in Settings > More Settings > Mobile Networks > Automatic Connections >UNCHECK Sprint Auto Connection... Such an annoying feature!

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I am sorry, I was assuming that people buying phones of this "quality" knew when they wanted their WiFi on or not.. Also What is the link you posted stating it would help if we went there? Am I viewing it wrong or is it just more threads of people talking about their issues and complaints? I dont see anything helpful in there telling me how to fix the problems were speaking about :/

GrandMaster

that would be the link directly into the SIII forums..where most go for answers or to post their issues with that actual phone..people will find answers quicker and get quicker responces to their problems if they post in the actual forum for their phone...

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.