cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please post your Samsung Galaxy S III problems here

Journeyman

Re: Please post your Samsung Galaxy S III problems here

My phone battery sucks I only get 8 to 9 hrs with power saver on nx brightness down other people get. 12 to 16

Journeyman

I purchased the S3 and returned it a few days later.  Same issues being reported here.  Top issues causing me to return are bad signal strength and constant dropping data connections that did not exist on EVO 4g.   In addition, I use a blue tooth headset on my motorcycle and need voice control.  S-Voice completely messed up in this regard.  These two issues are a non-starter for me.  I called Sprint support several times and received the same as reported on this thread - sending codes to my phone, etc.  One technician told me he could see my service level and that I neverl lost my data service.  Hmmm - if that is the case I wonder why my phone constantly told me it had no data connection?

Like you, I really want to like this phone.  I wish many of you would return your phones.  That would get the message across.

I have 5 lines on Sprint and have been a customer for 10 years.  My EVO 4g is on the fritz, so I am essentially phoneless.   I'm not digging the new iPhone 5.

I'm very likely to start moving my lines to another carrier as they come off contract, starting with mine.

Journeyman

Touch sounds and haptic feedback keep turning themselves on 1-3 times per day, and I'm turning them off in settings.  This is getting old.  I hate TouchWiz.

GrandMaster

hit up www.s4gru.com.

reminder...s4gru is in no way or form linked with sprint..so there is always that chance that dates and locations may be a bit off...consider this a disclaimer lol..

Journeyman

Yeah, I keep my LTE/CDMA off - since there arent any towers up yet near me so theres not really any point to running it... Still waiting on an update to find out when Miami/Fort Lauderdale will get LTE.

GrandMaster

unfortunatley not all know that running wifi saves on their battery..you see it all the time in here. the newer style phones are coming out with this connections optimizer pre installed..which is why there is no longer a toggle to switch on/off 4G LTE..only options would be going into settings and changing it from CDMA to LTE/CDMA..its automatically chosing for you the better/stronger connection.

DANADEE822 wrote:

I am sorry, I was assuming that people buying phones of this "quality" knew when they wanted their WiFi on or not.. Also What is the link you posted stating it would help if we went there? Am I viewing it wrong or is it just more threads of people talking about their issues and complaints? I dont see anything helpful in there telling me how to fix the problems were speaking about :/

GrandMaster

that would be the link directly into the SIII forums..where most go for answers or to post their issues with that actual phone..people will find answers quicker and get quicker responces to their problems if they post in the actual forum for their phone...

Journeyman

I am sorry, I was assuming that people buying phones of this "quality" knew when they wanted their WiFi on or not.. Also What is the link you posted stating it would help if we went there? Am I viewing it wrong or is it just more threads of people talking about their issues and complaints? I dont see anything helpful in there telling me how to fix the problems were speaking about :/

GrandMaster

its supposed to help with those that forget to turn their connections off when no longer in that area..not to mention being on wifi when you can will help improve battery life...

DANADEE822 wrote:

@DaisyAndOrchid - My WiFi was connecting on its own too, but I fixed it - its in Settings > More Settings > Mobile Networks > Automatic Connections >UNCHECK Sprint Auto Connection... Such an annoying feature!

Highlighted
GrandMaster

it would probably help a bit more if all of you actually posted or looked in here first

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/samsung/samsung_galax...