cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please post your Samsung Galaxy S III problems here

Journeyman

Re: Please post your Samsung Galaxy S III problems here

Anyone having camera issues? My camera and flash does not work. I had an S3 and the motherboard failed over the weekend, sprint gave me a recon phone, but the camera doesn't work. I really don't want to spend another 2 hours of my day going to two different stores to get another phone.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

oddly enough your phone is the only one i can think of to date that really has this issue. most end up boiling down to being in an area that is either still in the deployment stage or no LTE period..by several sprint techs do you mean in here or over the phone..pretty big difference between the 2 when it comes to knowledge base and what they are able to pull off.

yah my bad..for a moment there i mixed up the S4 and the S3 with the sim card deal. i have access to 2 S3's and neither of them have the issue when in a LTE deployed area. if sammy tested it and it cleared then its gotta be something within your account...at least thats my thoughts on it..thats pretty much all that is left after what all has been checked already.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Phone support, web support, franchise store, corporate store and returned to Samsung twice...everyone said it was fine and it still didn't work. The day I walked into the store, traded the S3 in for credit walked out with LG G2...LTE magically works. I've been in announced market for some time and Sensorly maps show service all throughout my travel circle. I understand you may have encountered folks who missed the technical boat on these service related issues...I'm not one of them.

Sadly I now have to battle with Sprint about lack of csfb to make their tri-band devices work properly since, they don't use SVLTE and have handoff issues that leave people without service, missing calls and text or getting stuck in CDMA mode. I don't recommend defending Sprint as a hobby, they're really doing a number with this network.

Master

Hey sdialect31, thanks for the update; sorry to see you're still experiencing issues with your service. We're working very hard to mainstream all of our towers so we can optimize coverage and hand off. Please continue to be patient while we work on this. Thanks!

Regards,

Giovanni R.
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

My problems boil down to these:

I thought the phone was the greatest thing ever when I got it 12/14/2012.   The warts started when I went to South Georgia and discovered that I had to walk out into the yard to make a phone call.

Data was out, as in non-existent.   I had an EVO (Sprint)  before this, and never had phone or data connectivity issues in South Georgia.  Having to drive around looking for a wifi hotspot isn't cool.

After the last upgrade, I'm ready to throw the thing.  (L710VPUCMK3).   I depend on hands free bluetooth when driving.  It *constantly* drops out now with the "Unfortunately Bluetooth has stopped" error.  After 20-30 seconds, if the other person has not hung up, we are reconnected and the "What was that?" conversation begins.   Hands free calling is a joke now.  75% of the time, I receive the "I'm Sorry, I cannot find a Network" message......in Atlanta!!.   I was going to wait out the S5 because I always skip a generation, but I've about had it.  I check daily for updates....nothing.

When I reported having problems with reception in South Georgia, the response was "We are sorry, we were making modifications to a tower",  Yet, I never mentioned the timeframe of my visit.

If reception in South Georgia (I have family there) is going to never be addressed (it's been 2 years), I need to know.  My brother's Verizon phone has 20M downloads, while I have an impressive 14-15KB...when it manages to connect.   What's up Sprint?  I hate change, but get the same discount @ work with your biggest competitor.  I had a really bad day of disconnects today, so my mood is not good right now.

Master

seb59,

Thank you for posting onto our community forum. I apologize for the service issues you are experiencing. I would be glad to look into this for you. May I have your zip code and cross streets?

Jen R
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

Thank you Jen.  The zip is 30274.   I would put the cross streets @ Powers St and Riverdale Road.   The loss of functionality (almost all data, and a high percentage of phone calls) occur in zip code 31794.   The issues with "Bluetooth has stopped" and "I cannot find a network" occur randomly everywhere I use the phone.  When I travel to see family, I *really* need a working phone.  The lack of data access is mostly a nuisance, but still in problem in 2014.

Master

seb59,

We are in the process of upgrading all of our towers. I did check the tower for 30274. That tower should be upgraded completely by the end of sprint. The upgrade will indeed make the signals stronger and I also see that there is another upgrade that will be completed within the month. That upgrade will enhance your voice experience. Around that time I would update the profile. I see that the tower for 31794 is about 50% upgraded. There is not an estimate of when it will be 100% upgraded at this time. I know that this can be annoying. We do have some things that may help improve your service while we are upgrading the network. http://bit.ly/IqK5WX Hope this is helpful.
SarahG

Social care
Journeyman

Hello,

What can you tell me about 95662? Cross streets are Central and Almond. Without an Airave, I have zero service. When I enter my physical address the map shows poor/weak service. I'm in a dead spot. Seems there are no towers near me.

Thanks

Journeyman

Can you help me with the 'Bluetooth has stopped" and "I'm Sorry, I can't find a network" issues?  These started after the last update.  This has made hands free communications very unreliable.  If I am not staring directly at the screen, I often do not know that I have lost contact with the other person.   It doesn't help at all if I have to pull over and look at the screen to see what's going on.

Master

StvnM,

I am not showing this area as a dead spot, it is covered by a tower. I do see that we have started upgrades so things should get better for you. Is this the only location that you have these issues in?

Sean L
Social Care
Journeyman

It is most definitely a dead spot. That is why Sprint provided me an Airave which I've had for many years now. I've actually had a technician come to my house to valid the poor voice and data. My address shows FAIR in the coverage map. My outage windows expands 2-3 miles in all directions. I spend most my time in the light green areas and it is only because of Comcast WiFi I can get a data signal at all. Voice/SMS is always hit and miss. Can you tell what your records show as far as towers are concerned. How many and where are they?

WebImageStream11.gif

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat