cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please post your Samsung Galaxy S III problems here

GrandMaster

Re: Please post your Samsung Galaxy S III problems here

shoot..no test for the data side of things. do you happen to have TEP ? have you taken it into a corp repair store for them to run any tests on it there?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

So even the tech guy I talked to at Sprint gave me a line of bull. He said they were 80% done and we should have 4g any day now. Sprint is a joke.

GrandMaster

im not to sure how often they update this list though..but if its someone you called they are tier 1 tech support and by far dont have the level to give any info like this...unless he was talking about So Cal in general im really not sure where he got that number..im responding from the communications tab and now i cant remember where you were asking about lol..oh yeah Ventura..for this info you'll have to hop over to a 3rd party source like www.s4gru.com..until an area has been publicly announced they cant really give much detail on how its going and for sure cant give out any time frames..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

That link (www.s4gru) was useless in giving me any kind of info on when $G might be expected in my area.

GrandMaster

they have info on this whole deployment...no one has actual factual dates on when things will actually happen ...hard to judge when most areas are a constant battle between the contractors and the local people for permissions and for the permits for that matter. which is why people see so many outlaying areas getting the upgrades before the more prominent cities..less requirements and hoops to jump through in order to get the go ahead to work on the towers.

GrandMaster

there are also specific forums just like in here that are more dedicated to southern california etc..those are the areas you want to locate..

Journeyman

I switched to the Samsung GS3 now and I have had every excuse Sprint can give about this phone and it loses every bit of connectivity when in the receiving range of a Sprint tower broadcasting the 4G LTE signal.

GrandMaster

where are you from? and are you positive the towers youre connecting to are in fact broadcasting a LTE signal?

Journeyman

Yes I'm certain, I'm in Jacksonville FL and I have held in my hands my wife's LG Optimus G and my Samsung Galaxy S3 and as we approach the areas in which LTE is available her phone hands-off to LTE and mine loses all connectivity, my phone also does this in well covered areas of Atlanta GA. My unit has been to Samsung twice and tested to ensure it can connect to LTE and other data signals. Thanks for taking an interest but, what I need is someone with a possible solution that hasn't been tried and not some condescending speech defending Sprint. I spent 3 years repairing cell phones at the component level and understand the go/no-go testing done with cell simulators like Marconi and WavTek to ensure units would work on the live network. The last variable would be blocking (oversight or intentional) by Sprint at this point but, how embarrassing would it be to own that at this point?

GrandMaster

shockingly many say they are well within the range of a LTE tower when in fact they are not..so excuse all those that may come into your thread and ask if you know for a fact that it IS a LTE tower..smart..lets see shall we....you did mention that you knew for a fact that it was a LTE tower in your post correct? nope..you posted your location so someone would be able to put 2 and 2 together?...hrm..nope..so given the few details you posted you expect a answer off this without anyone trying to get even more info out of you? good luck with this. you also left out what all things HAVE been attempted so they are not repeated yet again..no one in here is psychic..youre going to have to give out this info in order for anything to happen whether the help come from a tech or another customer

from what you know has the sim card been tested as well? the only thing i can i can think of would be a account blooper possibly. especially if the phone has already been tested multiple times.

has it picked up ANY LTE signal or not a single blip of it?

Journeyman

Holding two Sprint LTE capable phones in front of me and one (LG Optimus G) begins and successfully completes handoff to LTE and the other (my Galaxy S3) goes to eHrpd then 1x then no data....time and time again. If there is no LTE how does the LG handset get LTE? Samsung the (OEM) was sent the phone with clear instructions LTE connectivity was the issue and they tested the unit for that, which it seems safe to "put 2 and 2 together" as assume they checked the SIM since it's not customer accessible on the S3 without voiding warranty. So it will begin handoff and fail but, passes in bench tests. The basics such as checking settings in the menu, power cycling, ##scrtn#, profile updates, PRL updates, factory resetting have been done a dozen times over. reprogramming with the MSL code through customer service has been done over and over as well. Handset still fails in handoff and LTE must be disabled to get reliable data service when away from WiFi. So over a year of this and no one has yet to effectively fix this, just excuses and circles.

Journeyman

And this information HAS been given to SEVERAL Sprint technicians, to no avail as none have fixed it to date.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat