cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please post your Samsung Galaxy S III problems here

GrandMaster

Re: Please post your Samsung Galaxy S III problems here

on average you should have 1-2 bars at that location..if a tower is down (especially if its being upgraded) then that 1-2 bars just went out the window..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

figure it like this

light green 1-2 bars

medium green 3-4 bars

dark green 5-6 bars

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

StvnM:

Please advise of the type of device you are using, the software version on the device and if the device is set to CDMA, Auto, LTE or CDMA/LTE. Also, please advise if the device is rooted or jailbroken.

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

fireguy,

Thanks. That's exactly what Sprint told me and the technician was expecting. However he got what I get which is zero bars outside or inside my home. If I'm lucky, I "might" be able to get a single bar, or barely one. I use WiFi at home but once outside, all bets are off.

Journeyman

Jon H, Seriously? This is the Samsung Galaxy S3 forum. I suspect you can figure from that the type of device being discussed. Besides, this issue is/was the same for my previous devices from flip phones to LG Optimus & Nexus S 4G. Not a device/phone issue. So if it is not too much to ask, please provide an answer to my simple question with an answer, not questions. Thanks

Journeyman

They second I finish my contract, I'm out of here. I have been promised all kind of imaginary improvements were on the way. I have had service issues since Sprint began switching from WiMax to LTE and the introduction of Spark handsets that moved away from SVLTE to CSFB has made an even bigger mess. I cringe to think what will happen after SoftBank gets a hold of T-Mobile and tries to pool us all in together.

There needs to be a much smoother and transparent introduction/deployment of new handset and tower technology. CSRs need to be equipped with HONEST answers for affected customers and Sprint needs to be both apologetic and compensatory in it's approach to those customers. The policy of troubleshooting a mobile device by checking towers close to the customer need to be thrown out completely as that waste time. Your customers use MOBILE phones and MANY locations so, how well it performs STANDING STILL is not effective troubleshooting a problem where some towers have the right equipment for CSFB and others don't. Just honestly tell folks, your going to have some issues with calls and data until the towers are all upgraded and if you're really on top of things make an accurate map available that depicts completely upgraded towers and network coverage.

Don't keep running people in circles like you all don't know what the problem is.

Master

StvnM:

Is this location in a valley or in an area surrounded by taller buildings or trees? I ask because topography can cause issues relative to cell signal delivery.

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team
GrandMaster

then whichever tower you are barely picking up that signal from is either over capacity with people or is pretty close to it..this is only my guess though..

Journeyman

Jon H -- again, you did not answer my simple question. Instead you ask more. Please refrain from posting further unless it is with the information requested. For reference AT&T, Verzion and even MetroPCS (or whatever they are called these days) all average 3 or more bars in my house and out.

Fireguy -- the map at network.sprint.com does not show any towers in my immediate area. Honestly, I'm not sure where my signal or lack thereof is coming from. Also not sure what the average range of a tower is. With that wide an area in the Fair to nothing signal strength, I suspect it is a lack of a tower. Wimax had a good signal in the darker green areas. Nothing at my location though. No LTE as well though LTE does appear to be on about 2 miles away. Outside my area. I suspect I'll be one of the many moving on once I'm off contract.

GrandMaster

none of the sprint maps will show you actual tower locations..if anything it will only show you the estimated locations of towers that have received some type of upgrade. speed, voice, capacity etc..sadly it wont show you if there have been any Network Vision upgrades though..which sucks. download signalcheck and it should show you the rough estimation of which tower youre connecting to. cant remember if the free version shows this or the payed version though..i have the payed version.

Master

sdialect31

Thank you for posting. Network upgrades can be very frustrating and tedious. We are trying our best to make it a smooth transition but some states have to go through a rip and replace restructure. We are informing customers that during the upgrade period they will experience some service interruption.

Toya D.

Sprint Social Care Team
Master

I looked in on the area you were referencing at Almond and Central in Orangevale, StvnM  It's interesting because you're not very far from any of the towers at all, so you'd think the coverage would be better, as you say. I'm certainly unhappy to hear that it's not.  To answer your question, the towers are located roughly at Sunshine blvd/Old Auburn Road, just off Cherry/Hazel, Hazel/Greenback ln and Fair Oaks and Greenback ln, to give you an idea.

The tower at Hazel and Greenback is likely to be your primary tower, according to our documentation, but you're somewhat on the edge of it's projected range.  I do notice that the entire area hasn't been upgraded and is due for it sometime this Spring.  When we put the 800 mhz equipment in as part of that upgrade process, the range of all of those towers should be extended dramatically. Frankly, coverage issues like yours are the entire reason for the Network Vision project, in which we're repurposing our spectrum from the old iDEN network to extend the range and indoor coverage of the towers.

I wish I had a more firm date to give you, but even our tools don't specify, which is understandable considering that any one of these could run into an unforseen roadblock (access to the site, building permits, etc.) and delay the whole thing.

Please do let me know if you have other questions or another area you'd like us to look at.

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat