cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem after Daylight Savings Time change

Highlighted
Journeyman

Problem after Daylight Savings Time change

Yesterday and today my phone has been showing the wrong time.  I am in the western part of Florida, which is the Central Time Zone.  The phone keeps insisting that I am in Eastern Time Zone.  Plus outgoing text messages are showing as being sent an hour after I receive the reply.

Even weirder ... the weather widget shows the right time.  So it's not that the GPS is off, because the weather widget knows where I am.

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Journeyman

RawkStar4179,

Thanks for the post! A coworker of mine is experiencing the same issue and we're currently looking for ways to get this fixed. When you go into settings under your Date & Time settings, do you have the time zone checked to be automatic? Is the date and time set to be automatic? If yes to those, can you try updating your profile under settings>system update>update profile?

Let me know the results so we can continue! Thanks!

Brenna

Highlighted
Journeyman

Both are checked, but its still saying I'm in Eastern time zone. Its not as big of a hassle when my phone is unlocked, cause my weather widget shows the right time, but when I wake up my phone to check the time it freaks me out because the wrong time is showing on the lock screen.

And the text message thing is giving me a headache. Its hard to keep up a thread of conversation when the messages are in the wrong order.

Highlighted
Journeyman

RawkStar4179,

Thanks for getting back to me. Are you still having these issues today? Can you try turning airplane mode on and then off again to see what happens? Did you try updating your profile as well? Thanks!

Brenna

Highlighted
Journeyman

Right now it's fixed, but it was "fixed" yesterday, and then went wonky again last night, and somehow fixed itself while I was sleeping.  If it messes up again, I'll let you know.

Highlighted
Journeyman

RawkStar4179,

Thanks! I'll let you know if I hear any permanent updates as well.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well it did it again today.  I really don't understand it.  I haven't left the area since DST, but when I got home from a concert last night I noticed the time was wrong ... was still wrong this morning ... fixed itself sometime during the race this afternoon ... and is now back to showing that I'm in Eastern time zone.  I contacted chat support, and their "solution" was to tell me to just manually set it all the time.  Um, no.  The phone has an automatic updating date/time feature, I'm going to use it.  Yeah, it's not a hassle to change the time zone, but the problem is I'll forget to do it.

So far I have unchecked and rechecked the automatic update boxes; updated my PRL, profile and checked for firmware updates; and rebooted the phone in between changes.  Still doesn't fix it.  I've tried turning off wi-fi and turning on GPS locations (network and wi-fi locations are always selected), that doesn't change anything.  But the weather widget shows the correct time.  This is really starting to get annoying.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Rawkstar4179,

Can you go into your wireless network settings and tell me if you have the Network Optimizer selected or not? I've heard of this impacting this. Also, do you have your phone set to automatically connect to LTE when available? Thanks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had the network optimizer set, but not the LTE/CDMA, because I'm nowhere near an LTE area (the closest is at least a 6 hour drive away) and having LTE selected made my phone's battery die quickly because it was constantly searching for an LTE signal.  Changing it to LTE/CDMA changed the time when it rebooted, so I'll let you know if it goes back again while LTE/CDMA is selected.

**EDIT** Well, what, a half hour has passed, and it's back to thinking I'm in Eastern time zone.  This is driving me nuts.  I don't wear a watch, so I look at my lock screen to see what time it is, and keep having mini panic attacks because I think it's an hour later than it really is.

Message was edited by: RawkStar4179

Highlighted
Journeyman

Rawkstar4179,

Instead of selecting the LTE setting (I was seeing this issue with people who had this turned on that weren't around LTE areas), can you turn the connection optimizer OFF for now and give me an update if you see this happen again? So far the people I've seen with this issue have had this turned off and haven't had the issue since. If I hear any other word I'll absolutely let you know, too!

Brenna

Highlighted
GrandMaster

they are doing alot of work on the network down there..odds are the time changing and the phone thinking youre in a different area is due to this..uncheck automatic time and keep it off for a while until they get it figured out..actually uncheck it..recheck it so it resets itself to the correct time again..then uncheck it so it doesnt randomly change back

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Turning network optimizer off did not fix it. I stopped by the local repair center while I was out and about today, they said a bunch of the Spring Breakers have been coming in with the same problem, even on non-LTE phones and that its a network issue. He also said that Panama City, Florida will have LTE by the end of the year, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat