Same issues as you. Turn off sprint connection manager to fix Wi-Fi problem. They must have done this due to poor network signal. I've had this phone for less than a week and ready to send back and change carriers. The signal is very bad. I'll add to your list that if you use Bluetooth headsets that voice dialing is completely messed up as a result of svoice.
#2 you have to go into your settings > more settings > mobile networks > automatic connections > and deselect automatic connection. My wifi thing never pops up anymore.
#1...which email are you talking about? google or something like yahoo?...ditto with the text issue...the stock texting app or a 3rd party one?
#5 is because of the distance sensor. soon as your face comes away from the phone enough that it brings the screen back on your cheek will then more often than not hit the end call button lol...my son has the same issue when talking to his mom...
Received 16gb s3 on 6/21/12. I am having some problems with it. I wanted to know if there was any ideas to fix it before I exchange it.
Here are the main issues:
1) Number notification on email/ text icon does not disappear after message has been read/deleted.
2) Wifi keeps automatically turning itself on, even if i turned it off.
3) Browser keeps displaying mobile view of webpages. I can temporarily select 'desktop view', but it doesn't stay.
4) Poor signal.
5) unable hold phone with shoulder during call (it will hang up from my face touching it)
6) not as quick as expected. short lag time when opening/closing apps.