cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Inside Secures VPN Client on S3???

Highlighted
Journeyman

Removing Inside Secures VPN Client on S3???

I'm pretty good at figuring out anything on my phone, but I'm stuck here. Nothing I've tried works. The VPN Client has locked all of my options in settings. No combination of anything works. Does anyone know how to remove the VPN Client without doing a factory reset?

I like the security, but I use my phone for work and it doesn't work for me as far as entering a passcode every time I use it.

Thanks!!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Master

I get it, once in a while I get stumped (ok, every day, thank goodness for knowledge management!) You can remove the VPN connect  by going to settings>Connections>More networks>VPN. Hold down the VPN connection you setup until it gives you an option to remove the VPN connection. Once it is remove you can then remove the settings for the pass code by going to Settings>My device>tap Lock screen>screen lock. After that you should be able to disable or remove the pass code.

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

A little thing I figured out. I had this same problem but I didn't create a connection. I only created the password. My password was quite complex and typing it in every time would be a pain. So when I followed the directions above I hit a road block at the part about holding down the created connection until the option to remove appeared. when I went to settings>Connections>More networks>VPN, there was no connection to remove! BUt The second step of the fix above still works. Bypass the first part listed above and go to Settings>My device>tap Lock screen>screen lock. It will ask you to enter the password you created and then choose "None" or whatever security you like and viola, the VPN password is removed. I'm pretty sure this will work for any password you create and want to get rid of.

Highlighted
Master

VARPITER,

Thanks for the input. We really appreciate it. Let us know if you also have any questions. We are here to help.

- Lucia
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

My phone doesnt have any vpn listed to remove AND when I try to select "none" under security settings, it says that option was blocked by the administrator (not highlighted)

Highlighted
Master

aababd - In this particular case, you may have to factory reset. Keep in mind that anything not backed up will be deleted from your device. If you do not feel comfortable with doing this, you can take it into a service and repair center. You can find the nearest one here: http://bit.ly/1dDKYKx - Toya
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat