cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Root Cause of Disatisfaction?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Root Cause of Disatisfaction?

I am one of those who has not received an S3 yet.  I have not pre-ordered, I am on a wait list for the 16 or 32, whichever comes to my  local store first.  I do not currently have a smart phone, the S3 would be my first.  I am becomming concerned or perhaps confused as to all the posts on how bad this phone seems to be versus all the posts on how wonderful the phone is.  I understand completely how frustrating it is to have purchased a phone and not yet received it, all the while not being kept informed at all.  What I am trying to understand is if the majority of the negative comments are more due to poor quality of the phone and/or Sprint service or if the negative comments are more due to the high level of frustration in how Sprint is handling this introduction.  I am concerned that the phone will not funtion, that I won't have signal strength (I live in eastern Iowa) sufficient to make a call or send/receive a text.  I don't know what to do...stick with the S3, go to iphone 4s or wait until the iphone 5 comes out this fall, or just stay with my rumor Touch (I really don't want to do that!).  Is the S3 good or a piece of crap?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Root Cause of Disatisfaction?

Stay with the Rumor, saving the $10 smartphone fee, wait until fall to see how all these issues surrounding the new LTE phones ultimately turn out and by then a fee cites "should" have LTE service and the iPhone 5 LTE will be out.  I would definately NOT get an iPhone 4S as it is a 3G only phone and cannot be upgraded. 

Cheers,

Highlighted
Journeyman

All of the reviews of the Galaxy S3 have been overwhelmingly positive, including reviewers from the NY Times and Wall Street Journal.  Although the phone it not perfect, the problem is not with its features, tech specs or performance.  The problem as I read it is with the way Sprint has mismanaged its launch and handling preorders.  I am amazed that they would accept preorders on the phone (particularly the 32 gb model, which I purchased) without any assurances from Samsung that they could deliver.  That seems amateurish.

Add to that the very poor communication with pre-order customers.... one lone email days after delivery should have occurred, and a web site status page that has not changed at all (except for the page update date) and customer service reps who can only say "we hope to ship sometime this/next week".  It's only a phone, agreed, but it's also our money and time.

Sprint's day-to-day customer service in my mind has vastly improved over the years... I've been a customer since the late 90's.... but it still doesn't know how to handle "crisis" situations, which this debacle is in the business sense.

But don't worry about the phone itself.  If you should ever get it you should be pleased.  The question is "when" you'll get it.

Highlighted
Wizard

Your statements are overly optimistic.  There are many people who actually have the phone complaining able low signal strength just like the new Sprint EVO LTE.  I wouldn't go around telling people not to worry, you'll love it when you can't be sure if they'll get a good phone or live in an area with decent tower density.  I wouldn't commit to 2 years on Sprint until more of these issues are resolved and LTE had started rolling out. 

Cheers,

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would read the Thread below before you buy the phone. Great Phone. Crap Service since its stuck on old technology....Avoid the troubles. Wait till the LTE is rolled out...save yourself the headaches.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/92116?tstart=0

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat