cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S3 Copy/Paste Stopped Working

Highlighted
Journeyman

S3 Copy/Paste Stopped Working

I love my S3! But, soon after having it the copy paste function stopped working for all apps and email. I get the force close prompt everytime. Anyone, have a fix without doing a factory restore?

Tags (4)
11 REPLIES 11
Journeyman

Re: S3 Copy/Paste Stopped Working

I am having the same issue with my GS3.... any resolution for this yet? Have found many posts on other forums but the only answer So far has been to do a factory reset.

Wizard

Can you provide additional details?

Is the menu option failing to display when you press and hold into the text field?

Is this limited to a certain application?

Which part is not working Copy or Paste or Both?

If copy is not working, where are you pressing on the text?  At the beginning, middle, end, etc?

Journeyman

This is from the normal menu, this is in all apps, settings, web surfing, SMS messages, and email.  Part not working is both. The option to copy when I select text prompt comes up, I select copy then the phone freezes. If you need more information here is a link. If you google the problem you will see hundreds having the problem I just describe in my original post.

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/625260-s3-copy-paste-crash.html

I haven't actually pasted anything since I can't copy...so I'm not sure if the paste works...just tried. nothing happens when I attempt to paste, I hold down my finger in a insert text field, then I get the clipboard prompt , I select clipboard, nothing happens.

Journeyman

This is from the normal menu, this is in all apps, settings, web surfing, SMS messages, and email.  Part not working is both. The option to copy when I select text prompt comes up, I select copy then the phone freezes. If you need more information here is a link. If you google the problem you will see hundreds having the problem I just describe in my original post.

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/625260-s3-copy-paste-crash.html

I haven't actually pasted anything since I can't copy...so I'm not sure if the paste works...just tried. nothing happens when I attempt to paste, I hold down my finger in a insert text field, then I get the clipboard prompt , I select clipboard, nothing happens.

Sprint Employee

Hello SEDtheGamer, From what I’ve read on the subject The clipboard framework is part of Android system. I do not see how to clear cache manually, or reset content within this application’s processes without a factory restore. Have you tried using a third party clipboard manager like Clipper? Typically when you try to copy content do you see the crash coming from a specific app/process, or from the application that you are attempting to copy from?

No longer working Community Response.
Wizard

SEDtheGamer,

As you have stated, the only non-root fix appears to be a factory reset.  Maybe something RC1024 might work too.  I couldn't test it as I haven't see the issue on my phone yet.

Journeyman

The crash comes from whichever app I'm coping from.

Sprint Employee

have you tried clearing Cache/data, and reinstall an app that you have no vital data within, like Chrome?

Journeyman

Good idea! I will try that tonight, haven't thought about chrome. I will let you know how it goes.

Sprint Employee

Thank you, I will look forward to finding out how that goes.

Journeyman

Thanks EVERYONE FOR YOUR suggestions! I cleared my Chrome Cache and I still received the problem. I have since received a replacement phone so the problem is now behind me.  My suggestion for those still living with the problem, it looks like a system restore is the only fix unlock you want to unlock your phone and go maverick into the system to clear out your system clipboard yourself.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat