cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S3 Screen comes on when I receive text messages

Sprint Employee

Re: S3 Screen comes on when I receive text messages

The reason that I ask, is so I can help you determine the best answer for your question. To prevent this behavior, you have to disable notifications in the stock messaging app, then rely on a third party software to notify you, I wanted to know which you may have installed to determine which notification options it has available.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

No, just the stock messaging app.

Sprint Employee

Hello, The best method that I've found to acheive this would be to disable notifications in the stock messaging app. Download Handcent SMS, in Handcent SMS, press menu > settings > notification settings, make sure popup is off, but regular notifications are on. Please let me know how this works for you. Thank you, Chris.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Prior to the recent upgrade my screen would come on when I received a text. Now it doesn't do it. I myself would like my screen to come on

Master

720CMB,

Thanks for reaching out to us and I'm happy to help.  What device are you currently using?  Did you upgrade to a new device or did you do an update on your current device?  Please let me know.  I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you,

Nicole
Sprint Social Care

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat