cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S3 reboots repeatedly after several minutes

Journeyman

S3 reboots repeatedly after several minutes

Today at around 10am i updated my S3 to jelly bean using the OTA update and was able to use my phone normally until about 5pm. At this point my phone reboot itself and from then on, rebooted every so often with no crash or force close appearing. is there anything that can be done without reflashing the phone or swapping for a new one? if sprint is aware of this issue, how long can we expect to wait until a fix comes through?

3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Re: S3 reboots repeatedly after several minutes

dougmir,

Thank you for using Sprint Community to voice your questions and concerns.  If your device is rebooting itself, it could either be software related or hardware related.  If you're concerned about hard resetting your device, your best option is to take the device to your nearest Service and Repair center.  Taking it to the store will ensure that diagnostics are run both on the hardware and the software.  If the issue is hardware related, a factory reset will not be necessary.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support
Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had the same exact issues when I had the s3. I did a hard reset on it and it seemed to solve the issue for a little while. I also purchased the s3 when it first came out with all of its bugs. Try doing the hard reset. Make sure you back up your contacts and your data before the reset tho. Then message me back and let me know how its doing.

Journeyman

so i factory reset the phone and it is still rebooting. it only seems to happen when the phone is not connected to a charger and when the screen is off for a period of time. it has reboot 2 times since i factory reset a few minutes ago. sprint repair center better resolve this issue

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat