cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S3 update to 4.3

Journeyman

S3 update to 4.3

Several places have stated that sprint will release the update to 4.3 for the s3 today. Has sprint started to push out the OTA update yet?

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: S3 update to 4.3

No they haven't started pushing the update yet...we've already been waiting way too long anyway for this update and when my contract is up next month I'll only be using the iphone or the a pure google phone...on a different service at that. SPRINT may be cheap but not by much and there is a world of difference as far as quality which the other major companies dominate sprint in easily. By releasing that update today or at the very least responding as to whether this is the date or not, that would've tremendously boosted brand loyalty as well as custmer service among many users.

Journeyman

Rofl an iphone?? really? Root your GS3 and install a custom rom. And some guy i know is about to port a 4.4 for the GS3

Journeyman

I actually do work on the android OS for a living so me wanting the update has nothing to do with the update itself but so my team and I can re rerelease OFFICIAL 4.3 into a smooth running rom.sure we have other 4 3 roms but the official would be nice. And there's nothing wrong with the iphone at all. I dont like the direction samsung is going with them announcing a new phone per week and they're slready planning a few more high end devices... and it wouldn't be an issue if they didn't suck at supporting and updating their older models. Gs3 has already been pushed to the wayside while Apple continues to support their older devices as long as they can.

Journeyman

...unless you have a 8GB iPwned 4, that doesn't have enough room for iOS 7.

Enjoy your Kool-Aid.

Highlighted

@Nathan106-

Thanks for the post! We haven't made any official announcements on Android 4.3 for the Galaxy S III. All software upgrade news will be posted on our forum for the Galaxy S III which is available via https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/samsung/samsung_gala....

I would suggest frequenting that link every once in a while.

Thanks for the message!

William

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

That's why Samsung came out and stated the S3 was getting skipping 4.2 and going 4.3???  Or are you saying date's haven't been announced??? We all know there is a major lacking of internal communications because we use to get at least a projected Q1/Q2/Q3/Q4 for releases but now its silence....how about this get the information to the public about why its being held up and be more transparent about things and you might retain customers...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat