cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG S3: UPGRADE PROBLEMS

Highlighted
Journeyman

SAMSUNG S3: UPGRADE PROBLEMS

Since the new upgrade I have noticed several issues with my phone.

1) Mobile data keeps turning off on its own. I did a factory reset of my phone and it worked for about a week. Network still turning off.

2) Battery life has decreased almost completely, phone has to be charged every 2-3 hours. I use to be able to go a full day without charging.

3) Text messages come in late. I have (2) lines on my account and both are receiving late messages...over 24hrs late.

Anyone experiencing similar issues?  If so, has SPRINT offered any solutions?

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Master

XWest - We're so sorry to hear about what's been happening to your phone. We know how frustrating this must be for you. Let's try to do some troubleshooting steps to refresh your services. Turn off your phone and remove the battery for one minute and then place it back in. Turn on your phone and then do a profile update. Try these steps and let us know if you notice any improvement in your services. - Kayan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for the reply...I will try and let you know the outcome.

Highlighted
Master

- XWest -You're welcome. We'll look forward to hearing from you. -Ramiro
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint won't admit it I guarantee it but its antenna issue with new towers I am filing complaint possible lawsuit. Older phones won't function I swapped phone out 10 times tried 6 batteries. Tried sprint airave nothing works. There suggestion renew contract get newer phone. What a Damn joke after 10years I'm gone save your money run away fast. Intrenet don't work talk to work beyond frustrated

Highlighted
Journeyman

Also you will learn WiFi on you won't get texts or emails once you turn off wifi things sometime load. Only way I MAY stick around is new phone least we deserve after this crap!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nothing work profile update PRL update swap 10 phones galaxy s3 antenna issues just admit it. Switched phones switched batteries nothing works. Im less then block from towers

Highlighted
Master

YAMAHAR1RIDA,

I'm very sorry to see that you are experiencing service issues. We understand how vital cellular service is and how frustrating interruptions in service can be. Rest assured we are here to help. Where do you experience these issues? If you can, please provide the zip code and closest intersecting cross streets of where you have these issues. With that information I can pinpoint the main towers you work off of and see if there is anything impacting your service. Please let me know, I look forward to your response.

Lucia
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
GrandMaster

you might want to skip the more simple of troubleshooting seeing as how he pointed out that he did a factory reset on the device already.as in EVERYTHING started fresh..

@the op. what is your zip cross streets? to be honest if your signal is junk due to the network around you then that would be the cause of all 3 of your issues.

@YAMAHAR1RIDA

no the S3 does not have an issue with its antennas...i have access to 2 of them and not a single issue with reception EXCEPT in town where they are currently upgrading the towers..aside from that the areas that ARE live with LTE it picks it up just fine.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Mine is doing the same thing and the only thing they suggested to me is to use my insurance pay $150 and get a new phone but my only issue with that is why should I pay for a new phone when the issues are no fault of my own. I've had my phone reset a few times and nothing worked. You would think that after so many ppl are having the same issue that you wouldn't have to go through hell and high water to get it taken care of.

Highlighted
Master

asdf- Thanks for reaching out. What kind of troubleshooting have you done on your device? Have you tried to upadte the profile, or perform a factory reset? Have you taken it to the store to have it looked at if either of those didn't work? Let me know. I am here to help. - Melyssa
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I spoke with a Samsung tech and these are known issues with the kitkat update. I am being told to send it in to be reflashed at a cost of 79.00 for 2 of the 3 s3 phones I have. I agree this is unfair. Why am I liable to pay for something that was no fault of my own? Can't sprint do this since it is aware of the damage kitkat caused?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat