cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Card Won't Mount

Journeyman

SD Card Won't Mount

I have a 16GB S3 and I can't get an SD Card to mount. I have a SanDisk 32GB MicroSD (Class 4). I've verified that it's fully inserted and I even restarted the phone with it inserted.

When I go to the storage screen, it just says "Insert SD Card". Has anybody else experienced this? Is there a resolution other than returning the phone?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Master

Have you tried a different card if you have one to see if it will mount? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I tried my old 8GB card, and had the same issue. However, it's a class 2, so I thought that might be the issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same problem.  They took the old card out of my Epic at the store but I didn't have them check to see if it was reading it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I ended up taking my phone back to the store this morning and got a brand new one because the SD card slot was defective. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

hey guys, just so you know, you have to format the card as exFAT before you put it in.  I put the 16gb i bought off amazon into it and it kept telling me the new card was bad.  I plugged it into the memory reader on my laptop, and it was fat32, formatted it to exFAT and put it back in and it's been working great

hope that helps

Highlighted
Journeyman

The tech at the store tried reformatting the card, too.  It was also important to turn off the phone, remove the battery, THEN put in the card, replace the battery, and turn on.  If you don't do it in that order it may not recognize it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

According to the user manual, it should be able to format the SD card on it's own: http://files.youmobile.org/User-Manual-I9300.pdf

At this point, I'm just going to bring it back to the store.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same problem. My pictures from my SD card just suddenly disappeared from my phone. When I looked at the storage it just said Insert SD Card. I have turned off the phone, took out the battery, took out the SD card and then replaced them in reverse order. It still says that I need to insert an SD card. I guess I'm headed to the Sprint store tomorrow

Highlighted
Master

barbbabe,

I am sorry to see that you are having this issue. I would highly recommend taking this device into the Service and Repair store near you as they may be able to diagnose and resolve this issue. Let me know if there is anything further I can assist you with.

*Andi R.
Sprint Social Care Team
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat