cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung GAlaxy S3 not a worldphone?

Journeyman

Samsung GAlaxy S3 not a worldphone?

Is the Galaxy S3 a worldphone? I can't seem to find this answer.  I want to upgrade.

6 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Samsung GAlaxy S3 not a worldphone?

No it is not. Sprint DOES NOT have any world Phones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Raj01Raj your half right.

The GS3 on Sprint is NOT a world phone.

The iPhone 4S, Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE, iPhone 5, Motorola ES400S and a couple of blackberries are world phones. .

Journeyman

Thanks for the response guys.  I am disappointed about it.  I used to have T-moble; and my cheap phones used to switch automatically.

Then I got the HTC evo, and couldn't use it while traveling, so I wanted to make sure on this.  Too bad for me, I guess I either have to switch out of sprint, or

get the Iphone.

Journeyman

I excluded the Iphones IAM. EVeryone knows that they are world phone. Motorola Photon is not world phone as the sim is fixed. Do your research.

Journeyman

What about an unlocked Galaxy S3?

Journeyman

sibraimi, the question has been answered.

The SPRINT version of the GS3 is NOT a world phone.

Neither is the Verizon or Metro PCS version.

If you want an unlockable GS3 you need to buy the unlocked unbranded version from Samsung directly, OR a TMobile or ATT version, then get it unlocked.

Also, Raj01Raj, The Motorola Photon Q 4GLTE is the phone i mentioned, not the Motorola Photon. Now with that siad both devies do support quad band GSM. Making them world phones. The question wasnt asked if its a world phone with a removable sim.

Do your research.

Lets not turn this into a pissing contest.. The question has been answered for the original poster,, lets move on and help other people..

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.