Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S III Available in Stores July 1

Highlighted
Master

Samsung Galaxy S III Available in Stores July 1

Good news!

The Samsung Galaxy S III will be available at Sprint beginning on Sunday, July 1. It will be offered in a 16GB version for $199.99 and 32GB version for $249.99 (excluding taxes) with a new line or eligible upgrade and two-year service agreement at Sprint Stores, Sprint Business Sales, Telesales (1-800-SPRINT1) and Web Sales. The 32GB version will be available in Web Sales, Sprint Business Sales and Telesales.

More information:

Samsung Galaxy S® III 16GB

Samsung Galaxy S® III 32GB

Thanks,

mapesy

57 REPLIES 57
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S III Available in Stores July 1

I am a bit confused- will the 32 gig version be available in the stores or online only?

Master

The 32GB version will be available in Web Sales, Sprint Business Sales and Telesales.

Journeyman

I can understand the confusion.  It says:

mapesy wrote:

... It will be offered in a 16GB version for $199.99 and 32GB version for $249.99 (excluding taxes) with a new line or eligible upgrade and two-year service agreement at Sprint Stores, Sprint Business Sales, Telesales (1-800-SPRINT1) and Web Sales. ...

Which would mean that the 32 and 16 are available in stores.

Then it says:

mapesy wrote:

...The 32GB version will be available in Web Sales, Sprint Business Sales and Telesales....

Which contradicts the first quote.

It should read something like this:

The Samsung Galaxy S III will be available at Sprint beginning on Sunday, July 1. It will be offered in a 16GB version for $199.99 and 32GB version for $249.99 (excluding taxes) with a new line or eligible upgrade and two-year service agreement.  The 16GB version will be available at Sprint Stores, Sprint Business Sales, Telesales (1-800-SPRINT1) and Web Sales. The 32GB version will be available in Web Sales, Sprint Business Sales and Telesales.

More information:

Samsung Galaxy S® III 16GB

Samsung Galaxy S® III 32GB

Journeyman

Is there any news as to when the 32GB version will be available at Sprint Stores and resellers, ie Radio Shack and Best Buy?

Journeyman

called my store and they still have no idea when they will get the phone so if this update is true why dont the sprint employees know about it?:???

Journeyman

I PRE-ORDERED through a corporate Sprint store. As of yesterday (June 27th), they claimed to have no idea when they would see the phones, and also told me that the $100 gift card used as a deposit (2 phones) is non-refundable.  As I am basically stuck at this point, can I hold out hope that I'll be able to pick up my PRE-ORDERS on Sunday, July 1st?

Journeyman

What time will telesales and the website start selling the 32gb version? Midnight? First thing in the morning?

Thanks for the info! 🙂

Journeyman

country_girl0726 wrote:

called my store and they still have no idea when they will get the phone so if this update is true why dont the sprint employees know about it?:???

I just had a chat with a Sprint employee, and he confirmed that the National launch will be July 1st.

Journeyman

So my question to anybody on here from Sprint is this:  If the phones were supposed to be released on June 21 and were not, and everybody has been waiting on the phones, why on earth would Sprint send the phones to the stores and then not let them out until Sunday??  Got a call from my store saying the 16g phones would be out Sunday.  Stopped by the store and talked to my salesman.  Asked when the phones would arrive and he stated'" Oh, we have them in the back, but can't sell them until Sunday"  Makes me want to seriously re-consider having a Sprint account.

Called Sprint to ask about this and all I got from a "supposed" CS Supervisor was " call Samsung, we don't control that"

Journeyman

That's incredibly [...] since my store is closed on Sundays! I was under the inpression that it would be tomorrow.

Message was edited by: mapesy

Journeyman

That is a terrible way to conduct business, but I think they send them to the stores even thogh they can't sell them so that the stores will be ready for launch. I agree 100 percent that they should take care of pre oder customers first, considering pre-ordering is so that you can be one of the first to get your phone. That and pre-ordering is suppose to give you priority. You should have yours before Sunday. If not they should give everyone who pre-oredered store credit or a free accessory.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat