cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S III Battery Life

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S III Battery Life

I can confirm that mine is doing this as well.  It was working just fine, and I could go longer than a day, depending on usage, on a single charge.  Now, I just took it off charge at 100% and I have 7hrs of battery life.  Sprint needs to identify the issue and get it corrected.  I can say that in the battery app, the Media process is currently at 83%.

Highlighted
Wizard

JSJ622,

I am really sorry to hear about this. I can totally understand your frustration with this, I would be just as upset over this as you must be over this. I assure you as soon as a fix is created for this we will update our newsroom site, www.sprint.com/newsroom, Also there should be a heads up here. If you see an update from Samsung please let us know. Im sure your not the only one with this issue.

Victor

Sprint Social Care.

Highlighted
Wizard

ScottW68,

Thanks for the post. Did you take the new update as well? Was it working better prior to the update?

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

That is correct, it was fine before the update, well over a day on the battery, pending usage.  Now I'm lucky to get 6-7 hours of life after the update.  The phone also get's abnormally warm.  Media is the #1 consumer of the battery ranging from 65-85%.  This needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

Highlighted
Wizard

ScottW68,

Thanks for the reply. I agree. I hope Samsung can see that this is a problem and assist us in getting this issue fixed. But if I know them and us for that matter, its already being looked at. I would love to see what the Samsung community site looks like over this.

Victor

Sprint Social Care.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here, phone would still have about 30% or more by the end of the night. Now it won't last the end of my work day. Mine also runs quite warm now. All started following the last update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My Samsung s3 is doing the same thing I goto work at 11am untill 7pm from the time I take it off the charger and not even use when I get to work it's on 70 percent when I got off work at 7 it was at 10 percent it was fine untill this update

Highlighted
Journeyman

To elaberate a bit more. I'm seeing the same issues in other threads as well since the update. Keyboard lag, scrolling freezes for a split second intermittently, Facebook app will lose connection randomly for no reason, but the biggest pain of all is the greatly reduced battery life. All the other things are semi tolerable if the phone is at least on.

Highlighted
Wizard

nico3280,

From what I can see. This is happening across the board. All Samsung users are saying after the update they are having similar issues. Samsung is in process working on something to fix or patch this. I do apologize as this is not what we want to hear from our customers.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Something similiar I have noticed since the update is the intermittent connect/reconnect when on wifi. I use my wifi at home for data and at times, it will say "Connected to $*$(#( network" and then a few minutes later it will display on the notification bar "Preparing the network" (wifi will stop) and repeat the same message again. At first I thought it was modem and/or router from Comcast so I called them. They performed several tests, reset my network, tested my router and modem...all came back great. Also, I have experienced the issue with Facebook where it will say "Network error" also. As far as battery life, I have maybe noticed a little tiny bit difference (less) compared to before the software update but I use wifi more at home and at my work plus I always leave the 4GLTE off and on just 3G. Other than those little minor itty-bitty things, my SGS3 runs fantastic.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the software update and have the same problem with battery.  Also, I have a problem with the keyboard delayed for around 5-10 seconds before it pops up so I can email, sms, yahoo, browser, or any app requiring a keyboard.

Highlighted
Wizard

troutking_1968 wrote:

I have the software update and have the same problem with battery.  Also, I have a problem with the keyboard delayed for around 5-10 seconds before it pops up so I can email, sms, yahoo, browser, or any app requiring a keyboard.

I recommend clearing the cache/data for your keyboard that you are using. 

Settings --> Application Manager --> ALL (swipe to the right twice to list all applications)

From here scroll down to find the keyboard you are using, normally it is going to be either the "Samsung keyboard" or "Swype".

Once you've found it, select it and choose the "Clear data" and "Clear cache" options.  This will erase any custom dictionary/settings you have, but it may correct the delay issue you are seeing. 

That is what I had to do after the update to fix my keyboard delay, hope it works for you.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat