cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S III Camera Shutter Sound

21 REPLIES
GrandMaster

Re: Samsung Galaxy S III Camera Shutter Sound

quoting the wrong person..i said the same thing you just did a page back..the other guy was the one that was in disagreement with this.

Wizard

fireguy_6364,

Thank you for your time on this. Please understand Sprints choice on this was a proactive approach to something we felt was needed. If and when the bill gets passed it will be mandatory for all providers to have this option input into the devices. Also please remember you can always download a third party camera app that will not have the shutter sound.

GrandMaster

my bad..the tone struck a nerve with me..

Wizard

The tone of this thread is getting somewhat hostile.  While I understand feeling passionately about a subject, please remain respectful of each other. 

If the fails to happen, I will have to lock the thread.

GrandMaster

read the whole thing my friend..it helps in the long run..i'll restate it here for convenience. "one of the top guys within these forums with the most useful answers"...want me to underline the key parts you keep leaving out? just because he didnt give the answer you wanted doesnt mean he is in the wrong either.

and again if you dont pull in the full part of what someone says and just keep using the parts that sound good to you then obviously no one will have anything for you..

3. "no one has fully said if it was sprints decission or sammys. if im remembering right the camera silence option is still on the LTEVO and the photon Q...and theyre just as new as this phone"

^^ once again leaving out certain parts of a convo isnt helping much

only thing i can add to this would be that if this camera silencing deal was coming out during the launch of the SIII or anytime around a update..wouldnt the same update or problem be passed on to the other current phones? which it wasnt...so did sprint decide that the only phone a pedo would carry to take pics of unexpecting children be the SIII? dont think so. if anything it was either sammy or a combo of sammy and sprint.

4. why use a 3rd party app to fix the problem when sprint is at fault? uhm..to quiet the shutter sound for the time being until a fix comes out and no one will have to be waken up by the ear splitting/window shattering sound it makes?

AdrianAbonce wrote:

1. I'm not affraid of your top guy. It could be Mr. Hesse himself, and I would tell him how unhappy I am with some of his policies.

2. I'm not trying to insult Halcyon, he just keeps defending Sprint on this issue and he faults on seen that the general consent is: Users are unhappy!

sprint can put in their 2 cents on some of the OS updates..but its fully on android themselves when it comes to these things..they take something out there isnt much anyone can do about it..they get feed back that there was an uproar about losing such and such ability? they might change it with the next OS update..

You are wrong on this one: Android software DOES have the capability on silencing the camera shutter. It was SPRINT who decided to take that option off on their part. If you don't know how these things work, I can illustrate them for you.

4. Yes, they are flashing options, and 3rd part applications. Buy why do I have to look for 3rd party applications when is Sprint's fault?

5. You're right, and I appreciate the suggested solutions (I actually had flashed that software on my phone a couple of monts ago and I was able to silence the shutter. But then I got the Note 2... and guess what?)

...its not as if you started up this thread and NO ONE responded with any ideas...THAT would be complaint worthy

but my complaint is against Sprint for doing what nobody ask them to do, on the first place.

6. No. I didn't buy the phone for the camera. But it's still annoying that the same exact phone on any other carrier can do what I cannot do with Sprint.

Journeyman

1. I'm not affraid of your top guy. It could be Mr. Hesse himself, and I would tell him how unhappy I am with some of his policies.

2. I'm not trying to insult Halcyon, he just keeps defending Sprint on this issue and he faults on seen that the general consent is: Users are unhappy!

sprint can put in their 2 cents on some of the OS updates..but its fully on android themselves when it comes to these things..they take something out there isnt much anyone can do about it..they get feed back that there was an uproar about losing such and such ability? they might change it with the next OS update..

You are wrong on this one: Android software DOES have the capability on silencing the camera shutter. It was SPRINT who decided to take that option off on their part. If you don't know how these things work, I can illustrate them for you.

4. Yes, they are flashing options, and 3rd part applications. Buy why do I have to look for 3rd party applications when is Sprint's fault?

5. You're right, and I appreciate the suggested solutions (I actually had flashed that software on my phone a couple of monts ago and I was able to silence the shutter. But then I got the Note 2... and guess what?)

...its not as if you started up this thread and NO ONE responded with any ideas...THAT would be complaint worthy

but my complaint is against Sprint for doing what nobody ask them to do, on the first place.

6. No. I didn't buy the phone for the camera. But it's still annoying that the same exact phone on any other carrier can do what I cannot do with Sprint.

GrandMaster

not to pluck away at a already cracked window here but did you REALLY buy this phone for its ability to take silent pics only? lol..if the phone no longer was able to do ANYTHING but take silent pictures..would you still be content? lol

GrandMaster

you have to remember that one of the top guys within these forums with the most useful answers is the one you were trying to insult lol.

no one has fully said if it was sprints decission or sammys..if im remembering right the camera silence option is still on the LTEVO and the photon Q...and theyre just as new as this phone..

sprint can put in their 2 cents on some of the OS updates..but its fully on android themselves when it comes to these things..they take something out there isnt much anyone can do about it..they get feed back that there was an uproar about losing such and such ability? they might change it with the next OS update..odds are the current phone said person is using wont be getting that next OS update anyways so its kind of a moot point lol...on average each phone will get 2 OS updates..by then its either EOL or getting pretty close to it.

i didnt fully go in and look but someone posted a fix right above your last post..non rooted method...and then there is also that app they keep talking about.

complaining is one thing..but when answers or side fixes/for the time being work arounds are being thrown out and the complaints are STILL coming...it gets a bit rough to continue to read them...even for other posters..try the fix's and if they STILL dont work...then continue the uproar...its not as if you started up this thread and NO ONE responded with any ideas...THAT would be complaint worthy

Journeyman

fireguy_6364 wrote:

lets make it easier for YOU to understand..android phones are CONSTANTLY changing.

Don't get me wrong Fireguy, I DO understand technology. I'm just setting the example so Halcyon can get my point.

unlike youre trunk space. what happens when a new OS comes out to these phones? do things change? yup..does your trunk space change? nope..

The original OS on the Note 2 had the option to silence the shutter... Sprint took that option off.

what about anything else in your dream car there? nope..nothing changes..which is why so many people complain when a new OS comes out

THAT is my point, why change the OS on the phone, when NONE of the users want that option? (If you go through all the others disscussions about the shutter sound on the phones, you'll see the discontent)

as for youre expected apology? good luck with that one lol.

Ok, at least give me a software update to fix that issue (a Sprint software update)

is it seriously that freaking hard to download that one app to get your camera silent again until they kick out a fix for it?

YES! it's hard, as you know you have to flash tha patch through Odin (try to explain that to an average user) And you know that Sprint is NOT going to release a fix for it soon.

or are you one of those people that will continue to complain and pull their hair out no matter what answer you get?

I should be able to complain, and be unhappy when I don't get what I am paying for... I'm not a comformist.

Wizard

Here is a link to the thread where you can regain the option to silence your phone's camera without rooting your phone.  Go to page 3, if you doesn't take you staright there.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/93128?start=30&tstart=30